Adding an "Ignore Accented Characters" advanced option in Sort Stack

Hi @elixirgraphics,

I hope you’re doing well!

Would it be possible to add an “Ignore Accented Characters” advanced option in “Sort” stack (similar as in “Seek” stack), please?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Yann

Are you running into a problem? If so can you document the problem in an email to me and provide to both your project file and steps for me to recreate and see the problem?

Hi @elixirgraphics,

Thank you for your swift answer.

I built a website in French in which I’m using the “Sort” stack to filter products by category and make them searchable.

However, even if some people will type “sablé” to look for sablé, for the sake of speed (or by laziness), a significant proportion of people will only type “sable” to look for sablé.

But, when typing “sable” in Sort stack’s searchbox, none of the sablé come up in the search results.

And I’m facing this exact same issue with every product containing a special character in its name ( feuilleté → feuillete, dôme → dome, etc.)

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Kind regards,

Yann

Any chance I can get the requested project file? I know it seems superfluous, but I have several support tickets ongoing at any given time. So to have a project file I don’t need to rebuild, that already exhibits the problem you’re facing, saves us both so much time.

Hi Adam,

No problem at all, the requested project file has been sent over to you by email.

Kind regards,

Yann

There’s some difficultly with what you want to do within how the stack works. I’ll look into this, but I can’t make you a promise that it will be possible. If I can work it into the stack it would ship in the next update.

1 Like

Hi @elixirgraphics,

Noted, thank you very much. Fingers crossed, then :crossed_fingers:t2:

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Yann

1 Like