Alloy and Form Pro not publishing - 500 error

Greetings! For the last couple of days I’ve been trying to publish my new website (purehealth.com) with the blog and a contact page using form pro and neither page will publish. I’ve taken the pages off the navigation now, but you can find them at purehealth.com/blog and purehealth.com/contact - it says HTTP ERROR 500 - Does anyone know what the problem could be? My other websites that use Alloy and Form Pro work perfectly, but are on a different server. Could it is a server/host issue? Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Hi there @Bonny

An error 500 is a pretty generic error message. Here’s a pretty good description from a quick google search:

https://www.westhost.com/knowledgebase/display/WES/What+Is+A+500+error

This is going to be something to do with your host, so you’ll want to get in touch with them to see what is going on.

Thank you so much. I will check with them :slight_smile:

Hi @Bonny,
Hope you’re doing well!
How did you resolve this, please?
Indeed, I’m facing the exact same issue: Cours d'essai gratuit, sur réservation · DanceUP Studio
As soon as I delete the “Form Pro” stack from this page and re-publish, the problem just goes away.
I look forward to your reply!
Cheers

Hello Yann,

This issue took a long time to resolve but it turned out to be a server issue. I changed my server and instantly all my website issues went away…this after my server insisting for months that it was an issue with the website design software! That said, what do you mean when you say that when you delete the Form Pro stack from the page and re-publish, the problem doesn’t go away? Does the new page have any kind of form stack on it or is it an empty page? Or are you viewing the cached page of what you published previously? I tried to visit your website but the link didn’t work. There are real experts on this forum, and I’m not one of them, but if I can help I’m happy to do so.

@Yann – As I mentioned above, an Error 500 is a pretty generic server error message. It could be a great deal of things. If you’re having problems with PHP elements, like a form, then you’ll want to make sure your server supports and has PHP enabled for your site. You’ll need, at a minimum, PHP v5.6 or newer.

If you do have PHP installed on your server, and it is v5.6 or newer, but are still having this Error 500, then you’ll want to contact your host to troubleshoot your particular server problem(s) with them and get things running correctly.

A side note – you truly get what you pay for when it comes to web hosting. Cheap hosting often means more problems. If you need recommendations for a good host please let us know and we can offer up some options.

1 Like

I moved my websites to SiteGround and they’ve been great. Various issues with 4 different websites all disappeared instantly. TSOHost was my previous server and I was with them since 2007…so glad I bit the bullet and changed.

1 Like

Hi @elixirgraphics,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

However, it does not make sense to me as I’m using the Form Pro stack on another webpage and it works like a charm : http://danceup-studio.com/membership/

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks

Hi @Bonny,

Thank you for sharing this information with me!

This website is hosted by OVH, which I guess is a pretty decent option as well.

The weird thing is that the Form Pro stack is working perfectly on another page of the same website…

As I mentioned above, you’ll want to contact your host as an Error 500 is a server error.

I recently experienced the 500 Error. This occurred after I changed the “Success Msg” from “Your message has been successfully sent!” to “Your message has been successfully sent! We’ll get back to you soon.”.

That’s it, that was the only change and it meant Form Pro would cause a 500 Error Message. After I reverted the “Success Msg” back to the original contents, the error disappeared. Really odd.

PHP version 7…3.17

The problem is the single quote in your message. The code uses a single apostrophe and you’re in essence inserting one in the middle of two of its own single quotes, breaking up the code. This can be fixed by inserting a \ in front of the apostrophe.

Your message has been successfully sent! We\’ll get back to you soon.

1 Like

Wow. Quick response, you are amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes