Alloy and the iPad

Hi there

I’m noticing a bit of weirdness when trying to edit Alloy posts on an iPad. First of all, this is Alloy 3 in Foundry 3 on an iPad Pro 12.9. All the software is latest version. I can create a post in the Editor directly, or I can paste in Markdown from an app like Agenda and everything is fine.

When I try to edit the post it does work sometimes, but usually I unable to type anything in my post. Curiously, I am able to delete text from my cursor position but no other keys are recognised. This appears to just be an iPad OS problem, the posts are perfectly editable on my Mac. Has anyone else had this happen, or have any ideas how I might find a cure.

It’s not really a big deal because I can edit or create a new version in Agenda and just paste that in, but obviously it would be nicer to edit a post directly on my iPad when I’m away from my Mac. This is happening with Safari and Duck Duck Go, the two browsers I use on my IPad.

Thanks

Al :thinking:

I’m on the latest version of iPad OS 16.4, also running on a 12.9 Pro, and Alloy is working perfectly for me with Safari - no issues at all, either creating or editing posts.

First of all, thanks for replying, I was interested to see if anyone else was finding the same issue, and it seems not - which is good :slightly_smiling_face:

I dug around a bit more this morning and found out the following:

1. I can still create (and publish) new posts on my iPad
  2. I still have the editing problem when I click into a post - I can only delete words
  3. But if I click and drag to highlight a word then I can edit perfectly!

So although it is not quite the behaviour I was expecting it is perfectly functional. I forgot to mention in my original post I am using the Apple keyboard with a trackpad and the trackpad may well be part of the issue :thinking:

Anyway, panic over, and back to work :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care

Al

Hey Al,

Glad the panic’s over - for info, I’m using the non-trackpad Apple keyboard, so you may well be on the right track(pad)!

Adam.

1 Like

Hey Adam

Interesting your keyboard is non-trackpad. I think on the basis of our experiences we can say we have solved the problem - unless someone else pipes up to provide evidence to the contrary!

Take care

Al