Alloy blank editor page after setup

Hi Adam, I haven’t used alloy for a while and copied an existing (and working) project file in order to make things easier when setting up a new project file.

The original project runs on PHP 7.4
I´ve gone through the process of creating user logins but the login page is blank (visually) in safari and chrome. I can see the login page in RW in preview mode though.

There is an error in safari inspector that might be related to this issue.

testwise I changed the PHP on the server from version 8.1 to 8.0. and finally to 7.4 → no effect.
I also tried to put the alloy stack first instead of foundry control → no effect.

Likely that you need to do a Republish All Files from RapidWeaver. Since you’ve previously published the project elsewhere the project likely only uploaded the changed files if you simply clicked Publish.

Thanks for your advice. I tried this before but I kind of found out (at least I have the impression) that the blog is not working as soon as I set PHP higher than 7.4
What could be the issue here?
Which version would you suggest normally?
Is there any disadvantage to leave it at 7.4?

Alloy should work with both PHP v 7.4 as well as PHP v8.

That said, you mentioned above:

So if there’s no difference when you’ve changed versions from 8.1, to 8.0 to 7.4 then it would seem that it is not the PHP version.

I assume that the server doesn’t switch immediately. That’s why I misinterpreted that it had no effect to change to 7.4. But it has. The page is now showing the login panel. Although it is not centered correctly on the page… Besides the php issue there seems to be something wrong.

Provide us a copy of your project file please, along with a link to the live site.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

sorry for the delay - I have been very busy… thanks for your help so far! Since I found workarounds that work, there is no need to bother you with the project file. I will have an eye on everything related to alloy and will come back to you if I run into new problems. Thank you, Adam!

Workarounds are not a solution if something is not configured properly. It will only cause more problems down the line.

1 Like