Alloy Error Parse Syntax - first time setup

Hi all,

Hope someone can assist please.

I’m setting up Alloy for the first time and getting following error messages on the blog page and also on the editor page.

I’ve watch all the videos but can’t work what I’ve done wrong.

So I can’t get to either page to setup password or start a blog entry etc.

On the page that has the blog on it
Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘s’ (T_STRING), expecting ‘;’ or ‘,’ in /home/customer/www/elysefrankel.com.au/public_html/articles/index.php on line 400

On the page with the editor
Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘s’ (T_STRING), expecting ‘;’ or ‘,’ in /home/customer/www/elysefrankel.com.au/public_html/editor/index.php on line 436

I’m running RW V8.9.3 Stacks V5.1 and Foundry V3.2023.02.13 Alloy V3.3.1
So everything is up to date, except RW as not moving to RW Classic at this stage.

PHP on server is V7.4.33 so I believe that is adequate, though can go up to v8.0.2 if I want.

No other index.html file on server…just the index.php file for both pages.

Any thoughts please?

Data zip file here on Wetransfer here. WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Many thanks
Scott

Extra Note:

I just tried setup using Foundry 2 and when I publish and go to editor page I get the password setup page as expected. So working correctly in Foundry 2 but Foundry 3 having an issue.

Maybe bug in Foundry 3??

Did you add the F3 shim stack to your F3 Alloy pages? This has to be added to each page you use an alloy stack.

1 Like

The problem is you have an unescaped single quote in your RSS feed name. You can see it here:

Two choices:

1. Remove the single quote.
  2. Escape the single quote. This can be done by inserting a \ right in front of the single quote.

Hi Adam,

Thanks, yes that apostrophe was the problem…but as @Fuellemann also noted I didn’t have the Shim stack in place either.

I’d watch the Alloy videos last week but didn’t notice that Shim stack was required for F3.

All good now, got the first blog post up and seems to be all good now.

Many thanks again for your quick response.

Cheers Scott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.