Alloy - full post read more takes you to very top of page

Hi all,

I’m setting up Alloy for the very first time…so a bit unfamiliar, but it seems great and quite easy. I’ve gone through all the video tutorials and docs which have been a great help, thanks Adam.

I have setup the first blog, the summary works great…however when you click on the ‘read more’ button instead of going straight into the full post you end up at the very top of the page. So you have to scroll all the way down to get to the full blog post…which is not great.

How do I setup so that either just the full post is displayed when ‘read more’ which is how it seems to work in Adam’s videos or it takes you to the actual blog location halfway down the page to read the full post.

I’ve tried putting in an Anchor stack named ‘blog’ just above the Blog Entries stack and using issues#blog/ as the relative path in the .htaccess file for pretty urls but that didn’t work…just gave me a 404 error.

Link to page with blog is below, so you can see what I mean.

Many thanks for your ideas and help.

Cheers Scott

Hi Scott,

the Read More button seems to work. I’ve clicked it and it took me to the full article at the middle section of your page. Did you test it in several browsers? I used Chrome.

Hans

1 Like

PS. Safari works as well.

1 Like

Or did you want to show the full blog in the top section of your page once clicked upon? In that case you can use the Conditional Stack. Check Adam’s documentation on this subject.

Hans

1 Like

Hi Hans, Thanks for quick response.

That is weird, as for me on Chrome, Safari and Firefox it always takes me to the very top of the page so have to scroll down to get to the full post. I cleared cache on browsers.

I’m on a MacBook Pro 16 but also tried on my iPhone and same result…top of the page.

I’ll have a look at the the Conditional Stack.

Basically I would just like to have the full post appear in the middle of the page without having to find it by scrolling down to it.

Cheers Scott

Hi Scott, I didn’t get what you wanted to obtain at first (thought the Read More button didn’t work). But with the Conditional Stack you can do what you want, i.e. change the layout of your page once the blog post opens in full. It’s quite easy to do. Place the Conditional at the top of the layout, in the stack a Container where you create a new layout (banner, menu, …) and an exact copy of the Blog Entries Stack). Your blogposts will now open at the top of your page.

Cheers,

Hans

1 Like