Alloy - images not showing up

Aw thanks! No plans to ever stop violin, but yes, us musicians have to learn to wear many hats and I’ve helped some colleagues with building their sites over the years (those were in iWeb, Squarespace, and my first RW one just using a template). I’m getting the hang of this software now and if I’m asked by someone again I’ll be happy to say I can now use RW and the Foundry and other stacks at Elixirgraphics! I really appreciate the customization and responsiveness I wasn’t able to get before.

I still have to resize some images, but now I have all the old blog posts up on the new site and got to add some other things you guys have included in Alloy with no further issues. I’m quite pleased with how it’s turned out! Feeling much more prepared to dive in and recreate my personal site soon, and that has blog posts going back to around 2007… yikes! Thanks for your help and for creating these stacks!

You probably don’t need more ideas, but to put this out there, you might consider creating something that expands on the features of “Shift” with more of a gallery feature like what happens once you click on “Pop Up Gallery.” Maybe something like this exists already, but how I would use it would be to have it contain the “Video Zoom” stacks and they’d be on a carousel of sorts, with labels down below like in “Shift” but the ability to scroll left and right through maybe even a dozen or more videos. The labels would scroll along with the videos (or whatever content someone was featuring). One could scroll from the first to the last, or when they reached the last one it could loop back around to the first. Anyhow, just always thinking of ways to store a lot of content without having it be overwhelming. Please let me know if you ever create this!

2 Likes

No problem at all. Thanks for the kind words on Foundry! There’s a lot more planned, and a LOT in the works. Things are only going to get better and more customizable as Foundry grows.

This is an interesting conglomeration of a stack idea. It seems like a complex one. But maybe if things were modular it would be doable. I’ll add it to my list of ideas to explore!

1 Like

Hi! Can I send you the same files from my site? until a few days everything worked as it should, but since a few days I have the same problem: no Topper image after saving the blog-post, links in the text area are created, but no pictures are shown.

I received your project and site URL you sent over. You did not however send over your image files that you’re having problems uploading. Please send those as well.

While waiting on your images you’re trying to upload, that are failing, I took a look at the URL you sent. Many of the images on your blog currently are very large and the wrong DPI. Images need to be 72dpi and smaller in size. An example:

Some are a more manageable size, but are still the incorrect dpi. As an example:

Do you have a link to a post that you’ve uploaded a topper image but it doesn’t show? Can you share that post’s markdown file with us (found in the posts folder on your server).

I would encourage you to check the images you’re trying to upload that are failing. Check the following:

• Do they have a .jpg or .png extension? Are they actually PNG or JPG images? If not sure, open them and resave them.
  • Do your image file names have spaces or special characters? They should not.
  • Are the images the correct DPI? Are they extremely large?

Can you also let us know what version of PHP you’re running? Have you updated it recently? Who is your web host?

Hompage-Pfarrverband.zip (262.8 KB)

Thank you so much! On this Site, there are many authors and I think not all of them know exactly what to do, to prepare images for the web. Would you like to have the “posts-folder” and the “image-upload-folder” also? Greetings, Michael

I changes the image to 72 px dpi, but now I can’t upload or save it. Now on this blogpost the image is missing too: “Hl. Messe Münichreither Trachtenmusikanten”

Please reply to my previous post answering all of the questions asked. I requested this information to be able to assist you:

Once you do I can try to help out.

Additionally, your PHP error log file could also help out.

here it is: Hl. Messe Münichreither Trachtenmusikanten
On this Blogpost I wanted to change the image with 96 dpi with an image of 72 dpi, now the topper image is gone, I cannot save the “new” image. The images in the text blog have been uploaded a few days ago, when Alloy worked as it did from the beginning.

Thanks. I know where the site is, and have your project file. What I needed was answers to the questions I posed in my first reply to you. Please go back to that post and read them and then answer those questions for me. These are not things I can get from looking at your site, only by you providing the information.

As the designer of the site and the authority on the site you’ll want to provide them instructions then. Otherwise they’re doing themselves a disservice.

While waiting on your answers I published your project file to my server. I used the Editor there and uploaded the image you provided me without any issues. This tells me your project file and image are fine, and points me to your server setup as the likely cause.

You can visit the Editor for that site here: Pfarrverband im südlichen Waldviertel

And the blog here: Pfarrverband im südlichen Waldviertel

Give it a try. Log in and add posts, images, etc.

Again, as I said above, please answer these remaining questions from my original post:

Additionally, if you can provide me with your PHP error log file would also help out.

The PHP version is 8.0
This I got in the “PHP ERROR” field:
“Bisher wurden noch keine Daten im ErrorLog erfasst bzw. verursachen Ihre Scripte keine Fehler. So far nothing showed up in your ErrorLog, your scripts do not trigger any errors.”

Pleas tell me, what is missing for you to find the problem. I think I did not understand the whole thing…

I just looked at your publishing settings… your URL there is incorrect.

Your site is located here: https://www.pfarrverband-swv.at/willkommen

But your publishing setting is set to: https://www.pfarrverband-swv.at/

Fix your publishing setting URL, republish and try again.

Also on your site you’ve turned on the display of PHP errors and warnings. Turn this off.

Yes I can do this. But why did this work all the time until yesterday?

I don’t know what you may or may not have changed, or what your host has changed. I can only troubleshoot what I see right now.

I did this to find the PHP error log… 5 minutes ago, I turn it off again.

the provider is world4you.com

All clear! The PHP version has not changed.

Fixing the URL resolved your problem?

1 Like