Alloy Internal Server Error when using inline code

I’ve started getting errors today with the bog editor. If i post anything with a YouTube or other embedded code, I get an internal server error. I’ve enabled de-bug and log-php errors and get the following errors:

[15-Jan-2021 14:51:01 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1726
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:02 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1793
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:02 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1879
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:21 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1726
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:21 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1793
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:21 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1879
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:42 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1726
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:42 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1793
[15-Jan-2021 14:51:42 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../hopechurch-westbrom.com/editor/index.php on line 1879

I’ve removed part of the url and replaced it with ...

Anyone know what the problem is? I’ve contacted my host who says the errors are in Alloy. I don’t read php. I’m stumped at the moment. I have submitted a support request, but need to get certain posts online before I clock off today.

Having had superb support from Adam and going through support with Dreamhost, this does appear to be a Dreamhost issue. Something is triggering a Dreamhost mod_security rule when inline code is added to a post.

Will post once the root cause is found.

2 Likes

Dreamhost have replied:

At this time, our security admins have reverted a recent update to our Mod_security rules that was causing errors like the one you were seeing for a number of customers.

This has fixed my issue.

1 Like

Really glad they got that sorted out for you @anon79211794. As I mentioned in my email just now, I hope you have a nice weekend and have a nice fresh start blogging after a couple of days of down time. :slight_smile:

I’ll go delete the test files now that we were working with on my server.