Alloy v3 is nearly here. What can you expect in this update?

alloy-v3-sm-icon

DAY ZERO:

Hey there everyone! Sorry that I’ve been a bit quiet lately. I have been working diligently on finishing up Alloy v3, its documentation, videos, blog posts, etc to get it all ready to ship. It has been a monumental task that also included shipping a lot of under-the-hood updates in Foundry and Potion Pack as well.

This update has hundreds of new additions throughout the Alloy stacks and online Editor, all of which I’ll outline on the Alloy website once Alloy v3 launches. Right now though I want to talk about a few, new select items coming to Alloy in this rather large update.

Alloy’s mainstay from the beginning has always been blogging. This update will expand those capabilities, immensely, both in the Editor and in a slew of new features and settings throughout the stacks. In addition the Editor is becoming the hub for more content types than just your blog posts!

Over the next few days I’ll talk about the specific items listed below, as there’s no way I can touch on everything that has been added or improved in this new version. In the process I’ll also post several of the tutorial videos I’ve recorded for Alloy v3 so you can get a sneak peek at things before release day. We’re going to jump right into the deep end on Day 1 and Day 2 to talk about Alloy’s two new content types that will allow you to use the Editor to maintain content other than blog posts:

I can’t wait to share with you all everything that I’ve been working on for Alloy for so long. There’s been a lot of work put into this update.

Thank you!

I also want to say thank you to the beta testers that have been helping me with Alloy v3. They’ve provided invaluable bug reports, feature requests and camaraderie. This new version of Alloy would not be what it is today without their help!

Cross-posts

These posts about Alloy will first appear on the Foundry Blog, but will also be cross-posted here on the forum. And as a postscript, the Foundry Blog is built using Alloy v3

8 Likes

Exciting news, Adam!

Really excited to hear what’s coming, and looking forward to upgrading :+1:

Adam.

2 Likes

This is fantastic news. I cannot wait for the release! :metal:

2 Likes

Quick question. When I post updates over the next few days here on the forum, would you rather them be in this same thread added to the top post, or in new threads of their own?

1 Like

New threads (IMHO). I suspect there’ll be a lot of comments and questions, which will be easier to relate to the specific topics if separated.

PS. If the Foundry Blog is anything to go by, I’m VERY excited for this upgrade!

2 Likes

New threads please. Easier to follow. I’m about to build a new Foundry site which will probably need a blog - first time - so I’m very interested to see what the new Alloy has to offer.

2 Likes

I like your set-up of the new Foundry Blog. The blog entry structure you have alternating 1 blog on the top followed by 2 or 3 blog entries on one row, is this a new feature of Alloy 3 or is this already possible to do so?

1 Like

We’ll be talking about this on Day 4. Don’t want to jump ahead. :wink:

3 Likes

Just posted Day One on both the forum and the Foundry blog.

2 Likes

As always, thank you Adam.

1 Like

It’s almost like Christmas (other holidays can be used)! Looking forward to using this update. Adam your work is amazing. Thank you again

2 Likes

Just posted Day Three! We start diving into Alloy’s mainstay today – Blogging! Go give it a look.

And in case you missed Droplets on Day Two, here’s a link to that big new feature and its video as well.

The Day Four preview is now live on the forum and the Foundry Blog.

Hi Adam…all looking awesome, when do we get the big reveal about price??

1 Like

@Wendyb: See the post unleashed this morning:
https://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/blog/

Specifically Adam writes:

Tomorrow we’ll be looking at the upgrade process and cost for Alloy v3, as well as the grace period for customers who’ve recently purchased Alloy.

1 Like

Thanks…think Adam has been pushing out so much info…I have not looked at the latest posts!!
Wait with baited breath…

1 Like

@Wendyb The good news … you’ll soon know! This should be a spectacular upgrade.

1 Like

It is a lot to take in, for sure. Alloy v3 will have hundreds of new additions, and we’ve just touched an a select few so far. There’s links in the original post in this thread that links to the individual posts for each day if you’re interested in perusing those for more videos, screenshots, info, etc.

1 Like

Thanks Adam
Hooray for tags - this and the many other features means I can totally go with Ally

3 Likes

Sounds and looks amazing Adam, can’t wait to use all the new features. I was just wondering what happened to the Alloy update you were talking about a while ago. Here we are. Fantastic!
Thanks for all your valuable input!

1 Like