Banner overlay issue

Hi Everyone,

I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong or if I there’s a bug of some kind. I put a semi-transparent overlay on a banner to reduce the texture on the graphic that’s below it. When I look at it in demo mode (and in preview mode - Safari) everything works well. Once published, there’s an unwanted parallax effect with the overlay. This is not an isolated case; it’s been happening on other websites as well. I guess I could’ve made the same mistake twice, but I don’t remember this happening when I published the sites a while back. See below for examples and a screen shot of my settings. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Works in demo / preview mode:

Doesn’t work once published:

My Settings:

Hi there @Robert

We’re going to need some information to move forward in helping troubleshoot your problem:

• What version of Foundry are you using?
  • What version of RapidWeaver?
  • What version of macOS?
  • What browser(s) is this occurring in? What version number(s)?
  • What is the live URL to the page with the problem?

I suspect you’re just not up to date with the latest version of Foundry. This looks like the Parallax bug that was fixed quite a while back.

Release Notes page.

Hi Adam -

Foundry - 2.3.3.0
RW - 8.7
Big Sur 11.2.1
Safari 14.0.3

I think everything above is as current as it can be.

gnomon-demo.robertpastrana.com

sending the pw thru email (adam@elixir…)

thanks!

You might have the most recent versions of your stacks installed in RW, but your current published version is old. If you’ve just updated Foundry be sure to quit and restart RW and the use the Republish All Files feature.

Well you’re a genius - I didn’t realize I put this up that long ago! Thanks for taking the time. I’ll have you know it works in Chrome and Firefox as is, just not Safari. See you next problem!

Not a problem. Let me know how it goes. Don’t forget to clear your browser cache before testing in Safari again, just to make sure you’re viewing the latest uncached page.