Bug: Visibility stack Edit mode can not be used when fixed size is enabled

Hi,

I am using three visibility stacks: Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. When I set the desktop view to a fixed size, I can not shrink the edit mode to work with the mobile view. Even though the mobile view is set to “fill” all contents are still using the fixed size and I can not select any stacks or content:

As you can see here, the selected visibility stack for dektop uses a fixed size. All other stacks have to follow this size. In oder to view the visibility mobile stacks content, I have to resize the page - otherwise the content is not visible. But if I resize the view, I can not edit any content.

Please fix asap.

Thank you

Jan

Isn’t this the same thing as in this thread: Discussion: Visibility stack / Workflow

Also, on another topic, what purpose are you using a fixed width for, out of curiosity?

Hi, that is two things. With a fixed size I can not work within the other stacks if I resize the site.

I keep a fixed size so that the references do not break out of my design if the screen is resized too large (e.g. full size window on windows). If the window size shrinks, it falls back to the ipad sized view.

Thanks

Jan

Hi, that is two things. With a fixed size I can not work within the other stacks if I resize the site.

I guess my point was, if you could see the content of the Visibility stack at all breakpoints in Edit Mode this wouldn’t be a problem at all. So, the fix mentioned in the other thread, which will be in the next update, would rectify this as well, right?

I keep a fixed size so that the references do not break out of my design if the screen is resized too large (e.g. full size window on windows). If the window size shrinks, it falls back to the ipad sized view.

Not sure I follow. Though I have just woken up and haven’t had any coffee. Would love to see an example of what you mean though.

I’m going to be out of the office most of today. Taking my wife out to do some fun things since today is her birthday. Will check back in on this later though!

1 Like

Oh, yes. The uodate will fix it then, thanks

Oh, yes. The uodate will fix it then, thanks

Cool. They’re definitely the same thing underneath.

About why for the fixed size, the reference picture breaks out of the design otherwise:

Could you send me your project file? I’d be interested in seeing what you mean in person as a screenshot isn’t helping me to understand.