Bug with Zoom and Reveal Pro?

Hi there,

I have a page in a project where I show some images, nicely animated with Reveal Pro. I now added an image in the Zoom stack, in a totally different container. All my ‘Reveal Pro’ images won’t show in preview anymore. When I delete the Zoom image, the problem seems solved. Am I missing something?

Cheers, Hans

Hi there @Panans

I’m not seeing this same problem here. I just created a page with both Reveal Pro and Zoom stacks (download to project file: Reveal-Pro-and-Zoom-Test.zip • Droplr) and everything seems to be working as it should.

Here’s a quick video showing them working on the same page: test.mp4 • Droplr

Let me know if that project file works for you or not.

If you want to provide your project file I can look at it, but without your project file in-hand it is hard to troubleshoot it. You can send a ZIP file containing your project file to adam at elixirgraphics dot com and I’ll have a look. If the project file is bigger than a couple of MB then you’ll want to send it via We Transfer, DropBox or a similar service.

Hi Adam,

thx for your swift reply. I’ll check the video and do some experimenting on a test project. I must say, I used RWML and Joe Workman’s SEO stacks as well on this project. Anyway, I bought a lot of stacks in the last 5 or 6 years and Foundry is the best investment I ever made. Super great job you guys did here!!

Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @Panans.

Again, if you want to send that project over I’ll take a quick look at it.

Hi Adam,

I’m doing a complete check of my project since the problem persists. It’s not that important for the moment to have a Zoom and a Reveal Pro on this page, so I’m quite chill about it. In my stuberness, yes I am a real guy ;-), I would like to solve it by myself so I can learn from it. If I don’t find the issue, I will surely come back to you.

Thanks again for your great support, Hans

One thing that helps is to simplify things. Start deleting a few stacks at a time from the page as a test until it works again. Then you’ll have narrowed in on the culprit. I’d start with any non-Foundry stacks and work from there.

Hi Adam,

I followed your suggestion and simplified the page, removed all of the non-foundry stacks. Only if I remove Reveal Pro, the Zoom stack works. Very strange. I will send you the project by WeTransfer tomorrow so you can check it as well. I have no idea what is going on but there must be a logical explanation somewhere. As I said, nothing important for my project, so take all the time you need.

Cheers,

Hans

Does the example project I sent you, linked above, work for you?

Also, what version of the following are you using?

• RapidWeaver:
  • Foundry:
  • Thunder Pack:

Your example project worked just fine. I did a similar exercise which worked as well. Must be something in my project, but I can’t figure out what’s wrong. I stripped it and kept only the Reveal Pro section I already made and added a Zoom image. It simply won’t work. Still, it’s not that important right now. Must be the twilight zone…

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you already put in. Love you guys,

Hans

Well, then I look forward to getting your project so me and Rod Serling can investigate the problem. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I use RW8.6.2, Foundry 2, Thunder and Potion also latest versions (I purchased Foundry like 2 weeks ago, so I’m still in the learning process, but I have recent versions). Good video’s by the way…

Hans

Can you let me know specific version numbers. I don’t know whether you’ve run updates on any of these stacks as of yet.

Again, send that project file over and I’ll have a look. :wink:

I’ve got Foundry 2.2.3.0, Reveal Pro 1.0.2 and Zoom 2.0.0.
I’ll send the project tomorrow, In France it’s Netflix and Chill-time now :wink:

Cheers,

Hans

You’re up to date on Foundry, but a little behind on Potion and Thunder. Update those when you get a chance. Enjoy your Netflix time. About time for that here, too.

Dear Adam,

since I had an issue with an update of a stack, I no longer update automatically. Anyway, Potion and Thunder are up to date now and guess what? Problem solved!

Thanks for your kind support. I really appreciate your help.

Hans

3 Likes

Glad you got it sorted. I think something else was at play somewhere as I’d not expect an update was needed. But I’m glad the ghost in the machine is gone.

1 Like

To quote a famous president: “It went away, it was like magic, it came and then it was gone”.
No seriously, the updates fixed it. Lesson learned.

If you should be curious, it’s on Webdesign (language has to be set on the homepage). Still working on this project, but it’s online and it works.

Thanks again for the help and the good vibes :slight_smile:

Hans

3 Likes