Button Box is removing some Nav Overlay margin!

Ya, realise the emulator mode is not much help for fixing it, if indeed the issue is actually Badge Box (there is a lot of stuff on the page at present!) but at least I know now you can actually see what is happening.

The Badge Box stacks are sitting inside Section Pro stacks, and I’ve a feeling it’s something to do with overflow, but can’t pin it down. I’ve swapped them out for an alternative for now but will do some more playing with it once this project is complete.

If you want to recreate a simpler setup, not using Sections Pro, that can recreate the problem that would be helpful, once you’re to a point where you have time enough to do so.

Will do.

In truth, I don’t think I’ll be successful, as I think I’ve nailed it down to an incompatibility somewhere between BB and SP. But I’ll give it a go!

Discovered something new on this one last night. Going to post it here purely as a point of reference if/when you look at this.

Last night as having a quick play at replicating the issue in different circumstances I made a basic page (with SP for now) and added the BB stack, the issue appeared as expected. I then removed the BB stack, published (only the one page was changed so only the one page was published), when I then checked the issue was still there. It required a full re-publish for the issue to be fixed.

I’ve seen this problem with another unrelated stack recently (Poster from Instacks): Rapidweaver was not correctly creating/publishing a new version of the css files on a simple “Publish”, instead needing a complete republish for the new css to be published.

Maybe unrelated, maybe related, maybe two unrelated things that just so happen to be happening at the same time, but figured worth posting here as reference.

:slight_smile:

One other thing to factor in is the browser settings for show scroll bars when can be show or hide. This had me chasing my tail a bit until I realised what was going on. When Scroll bars are set to show, a space can be created on the right side.

Nah, it’s not that. There is something going off between (I think) SP and quite a few Foundry stacks. Been doing some more testing and quite a few Foundry stacks are making this issue appear.

I’ve swapped out to the regular Nav bar now in this site, and it’s happening if I put it inside a Foundry Sticky stack.

Bottom line is, for now, this is beyond me. It needs someone with a greater understanding to look into it. It’s entirely possible that it isn’t even an SP/Foundry issue, but my brain is melting and I can no longer see the wood for the trees!

I’m having a complete rethink on the entire project, this issue is slowing me down at every step. I have to use SP as nothing else allows the effect I want, so maybe I just need to change to the other framework for now.

I use SP a great deal in Foundry and have never had an issue. However, some combinations of stacks inside stacks don’t work because that is not how web sites work. You can’t defy the laws of Physics and there are lots of things you can’t do with web pages. In these cases it’s best to replan and try an alternative approach.

Ya, I get that, but I’m getting too many issues at the moment and I can’t fathom it out. No matter what I remove or add or what combination I use I’m getting a problem here or there.

Here’s the latest: I’ve now swapped out the Nav Overlay stack for the regular Nav bar. If I set it to Sticky it doesn’t float over the content, so messing up the first SP 100% browser height setting. So, I dropped it into a Foundry Sticky stack, but that re-introduced the right margin issue on Android. So, I put the nav bar in Pin, and that worked OK, on the home page of the other pages the nav bar is scrolling up about 40px then sticking! There seems to be no pattern as to content on the page, as the pages are duplicates of each other, with some things added, some thing removed.

I thought for a moment the issue now was Moving Box, but it’s not on the Marketing page and that’s doing it. The Contact us page doesn’t do it though.

This is a reoccurring theme: I fix one thing, and another issue crops up, but there seems to be no pattern!

UPDATE: I’ve only fecking found the problem!

Right…

If I add a 2 column and put a container in each, if the Allow Overflow setting is at the default ticked state for both, all these problems exist. If I turn the Allow Over Flow settings off in one of the containers, everything works!

From what I can see this is only happening when there are containers in each of the columns with the setting ticked. If there is just one container in one of the columns the problem doesn’t exist.

At this point I’ve idea if this has anything to do with anything else on the page, or is a problem in itself, I will test, but I need to get cracking as I’m so behind on this project. Right now, I’m just relieved it’s fixed!

The pattern I read is z-index and that’s why Pin “fixes” it. You very likely need to adjust the z-index of Nav Overlay or Nav Bar directly with CSS or in a stack like Chroma which has a z-index setting. This is just normal web layout stuff and happens all the time.

Tried that, no amount of changing fixed it.

I kinda figured all the issues I was seeing was an overflow issue somewhere, think I might have posted way back up there somewhere about that, I just couldn’t fathom where/what. In the end, it was a pretty easy fix, just had to find it!

Right, coffee, then back to work.

Overflow has to be either enabled or disabled. Some themes set it as enabled and some as disabled and some stacks are enabling and disabling as required. This is all quite normal and just one of the design parameters of web layouts.

Ya, but the oddity, for me at least, seems to be that if there is a 2 column with a container in each, if both are set to overflow, problems occur! Anyway, I’m moving on and getting caught up.

There are far too many back and forth and course corrections in the thread since yesterday for me to address each one. Some things I will say though:

Don’t do this. There is no point in a Container stack within a column. None.

This is likely a difference in z-index arrangement between the two elements. Foundry has a set of planned out z-indexes for its various stacks to try and help assure that each of its elements layer as they should. I unfortunately cannot plan or maintain that with all third party stacks.

As for Sections Pro – The common thread I’m seeing with each of your posts is this particular stack. It was not designed to work with Foundry specifically. While most 3rd-party stacks should work within Foundry, it doesn’t mean that this one will or won’t.

I’m not sure of your goals for using that stack so I can’t give you specific other stacks to replace it… but my suggestion would be to try a different solution, building the page using a different stack other than Sections Pro and see if your problem persists.

If you wish to continue on the path you’re on though, and you would like me to look at this problem for you, build me a very simple page, with as few bells and whistles as possible, that demonstrates the problem. With the many changes you’ve made back and forth over the last 24 hour period you have made the problem into a moving target that I will not be able to test against. I suspect that the problem you’re running into is that Sections Pro needs its overflow property to be set to hidden and some Foundry stacks disable this to make something they do possible. But with the “target” moving so much in a short period of time, it is hard to be sure. If that is the case though, then it is likely that you’ll find that Sections Pro is just going to be incompatible with some of the Foundry stack.

Or if you’d rather just use the Sections Pro stack in the environment that it was designed for specifically, then go for it. It makes sense.

Not really gonna get into this anymore, but I’ve just put together a simple test page, with only Foundry stuff, and Spacer from Will. The problem is there. Not a biggie now for me as I’ve work out the issue, but figured it might be useful to know.

Not sure what you mean by this. I am attempting to try and solve your problem. If you send me the project file you’ve created that demonstrates the problem, I will have a look at it, as I stated above.

I just mean I’m not getting into it anymore! Not really sure how else to put it. You said yourself the reason it’s happening is that I’m doing something I shouldn’t be, and I’ve found the problem, so that’s kinda it, I’m sorted. I did put a test page together doing the thing I shouldn’t really do just to see if it happens with only Foundry stuff on the page, and it did, so it’s kinda like my work here id done! t’ really easy to replicate if you want.

I dunno Adam, you always seem to read more into my posts than there is. I’m not someone who bothers with hidden meaning in my posts, so rest assured if I ever want to say something, I’ll say it. Otherwise, just read my posts as they are and assume there are no hidden undertones.

As I mentioned in my last post — if you send said project file to me I will gladly look at it. You can send it via direct message here on the forum, or via email, whichever works best for you. If you do, be sure to include any 3rd-party stacks or plugins you’ve included on the page as well in your ZIP file.

That is not what I said. Please re-read me previous post. I state that there could be multiple causes, and even indicated one that I suspected, but said that tracking it down is hard to do with a moving target, so I asked for a simple project file that recreates the problem to be sent to me. If you don’t wish to do so, that is OK.