Button hover and bkgnd color

Couple questions:

1. Where can I find the option to set the bkgnd and hover colors for a button. Checked the Foundry stack, and the button stack, of course, but can’t find it. I am sure it is RIGHT before my eyes.

2. Like most people, I am a person of habit. I have used a number of Doobox’s stack for a while, like reflow for columns and caffeine for images. Fully CSS and lightweight. AND the more I explore the Foundry stacks, I continue to marvel at how polished and powerful they are. I THINK I can learn new habits! :smile:

So here is the question. So far in my testing, I have yet to run into a stack that does not work with Foundry (I have hundreds of them but have not tested all of them as yet!). Has anyone discovered a stack that will not work? If I find one, I can always do a test of the project with out the stack and see if I get the same behavior, just wanted to check to see what others have found.

Thanks Adam for a brilliant product. I am in the process of rebuilding one of my sites with a complete makeover via Foundry.

Blessings,
—Mark

Where can I find the option to set the bkgnd and hover colors for a button. Checked the Foundry stack, and the button stack, of course, but can’t find it. I am sure it is RIGHT before my eyes.

You can set the background color of the button in a couple of ways:

• You can choose that the style selector uses one of Foundry’s preset Branding colors:

• You can choose to use the Custom style, for which you’ll be presented with two color pickers (both also have opacity sliders in the color picker):

Note that the Outline feature only works with the preset branding colors.

The Hover color for the buttons is automatically determined by the stack, darkening the button when hovered over.

the more I explore the Foundry stacks, I continue to marvel at how polished and powerful they are. I THINK I can learn new habits!

Thanks! I’ve tried to keep them clean and crisp and polished up. I’ll try to keep that going forward, too. I’ve got some additions for Foundry that I’m working on for v1.1.0.0 and hopefully those too will keep that same simple, but powerful feel as well.

Has anyone discovered a stack that will not work?

I think we found one during beta testing, but to be honest I cannot remember. Maybe @Steve_J, @webinjection, @jthawke, @davidwm or one of the other many beta testers remembers. I know they threw a lot at it during testing.

Thanks Adam for a brilliant product. I am in the process of rebuilding one of my sites with a complete makeover via Foundry.

Thank you! I love making things people like to use to build their sites with. It is a pleasure.

I can’t wait to see what you cook up!

1 Like

Thanks Adam!

I knew it would be right in front of my face! Duh! I was looking for the boxes and, of course, did not click on the drop menu!

This forum is great, glad to have it here as a live resource!

Thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

I knew it would be right in front of my face! Duh! I was looking for the boxes and, of course, did not click on the drop menu!

No problem. There’s a lot of stacks, with a lot of options. Easy to glance right over something.

This forum is great, glad to have it here as a live resource!

Awesome to hear! I figured that if people had questions, asking in a public forum is better than just emails. This way everyone gets to see the answers as well, and can share in offering advice and sage tips and such.

1 Like