Can I put a modal in a float stack?

I would like to insert a modal between a body of text. The text is in a float stack while the text stays in its row the modal does not. Is the normal content section only to be used for text?

Seems to work here when I build a layout using Float and Modal.

CleanShot 2022-11-09 at 09.22.34

Perhaps you’re using a Block button. If so that would extend the full width of the Float tool. But since you only provided a screenshot and no link to a live site I cannot diagnose the code and can only guess based off of a screenshot. If you’d like to provide a live URL someone could take a look at it. But my guess is you’ve configured the modal button to be Block formatted.

1 Like

Yes that is right the button was set to block. I thought doing that would make it stretch across the “normal area” only and not cross over to floated content. When I turn “block” off it works closer to what I would expect so I think sticking with a normal length button would be fine.

Also it looks like the modal will not work at all when you put it in the “float content” side of the stack? Or is the “content” section mostly just used for images?

Is this what you mean?

If so, it works just fine, as you can see here: https://d.pr/v/l5nbEQ

The only difference on my float stack is that the “floated content” section has both an image and a modal. Is the float stack set up so that the text only flows around one item and not multiple items?

You can have multiple items in a Float tool, whether that be the floated or normal content.

To show it works I created a short video for you: CleanShot 2022-11-10 at 12.mp4 - Droplr

It is impossible to troubleshoot your problem without seeing code. Going off of descriptions alone does not allow us to see any underlying problem in your page design. Provide a project file and live URL if you’d like further help troubleshooting this. Otherwise all I can say is that what you’ve described works as expected here.

1 Like

@Kip Looks like you sent me your files via direct message. I’m out of the office today so I personally can’t look at it any time soon.

That’s fine, I don’t need this right away.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.