Can I use Tumult Hype 4 in foundry?

Hello,
I have Rapidweaver 8.6 and Foundry 2 and have created a simple animation in Hype 4, which I have exported as a HTML 5 folder, resulting in the .html doc and resources file as expected.

When previewed in both Safari and Chrome the animation works perfectly, so I know all is good with the exported folder.

The simple question is how do I get this animation into my Foundry page please?

Any help would be very welcome.

There are some tutorials on the Realmac forums that give instructions on how to use Hype in Rapidweaver. I know that you use a HTLM stack to display the animation. This is a tutorial for Hype3

1 Like

Here is another resource for using Hype in RW

2 Likes

Steve,

Thank you for these two bits of information. Unfortunately, I still can’t get it to work and as I’m not used to accessing code - at all - the only thing I can do is follow your advice to the letter rather than identify potential areas of conflict.

Having said that I get the feeling that a Foundry-specific HTML 5 stack would be the answer.

The frustrating thing is that I cannot find anything relating to Hype 4 and Rapidweaver 8.6 (An update was issued today). If someone has these two working together then they would have the answer.

If anyone wants experiment with my Hype animation then I’ll gladly email them the files.

Thanks again,

Rich

I haven’t used Hype, but it should work fine in Foundry. There’s nothing that needs to be Foundry specific.

Multi-Themes has a lot of Hype products, some of which I believe are stacks even.

Hi Adam,

The question is how to get the animation into Foundry in the first place. I’ve been using the HTML stack that comes with Stacks as one of it’s basic ‘stacks’ and whilst I can place the code into it and then place the resources file into the resources area I can’t get it to render in preview.

It does seem to register that something ought to be there as the vertical space is created in preview, but just appears as a white gap between the stacks above and below it, albeit the correct height for the animation.

I’m beginning to think that the Stacks’ HTML stack isn’t html 5 compatible. That’s just an educated guess based on trial and error and having run this past my 20 year old nephew who knows a thing or two more than I do about such stuff!

Everything in RW is HTML5 compatible.

As for Hype itself – I can give you no support for it as I’ve never used it. I know others are using it though within RapidWeaver. Maybe someone else here can help out, or perhaps a post over on the more general knowledge RapidWeaver forum would be good.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Rich

Hi @Rich,

If you want I can help you, just send me your files via private message and I’ll add them for you :wink:
Let me know what Foundry and Stacks version you are using also.

Best

3 Likes

Hello,

That’s a very kind offer, thank you.

I don’t wish to sound ungrateful, but would you be able to tell me how to do it so that I’m able to do more by myself please?

Regards,

Rich

Hi @Rich,

You would need to have some knowledge on how HTML works, analyse the files exported by Hype, and then import them to RapidWeaver.

After the project is imported onto RapidWeaver you could always analise the way it works and how everything would be tied together.

Best

1 Like

Hi Dan,

I have the answer, it works, so I thought I’d let you know.

The only additional info is to use the HTML stack to copy and paste the lines of amended code.

PS. Foundry rocks!

Rich

2 Likes