Card Stack - Equal Height Card Deck

This is a feature I was eagerly anticipating as it is something I needed.

I have tested it but it appears to not be working for me. It does the right thing by placing the image at the bottom of the card, but in the process of doing this is places the image OVER other content within the card, effectively hiding big chunks of the content!

Is there anything I need to do other than turn on the Equal Height Card Deck feature, these are cards placed within a card deck that is set to the DECK option?

I found a way to make this work, what I had to do was ensure that only ONE of the cards in the deck was set to Equal Height Card Deck and it had to be the shortest height card, then the images were locked to the bottom on both cards and the taller card was not getting it’s contents truncated or hidden behind the image!

I assumed that any cards in a deck that I wanted the image locked on would need to be set to Equal Height Card Deck, but that clearly did not work, so I tried out various options until it worked. At least I can make it work and it looks SO MUCH better than before this feature was added. So at least I can cobble something together that is a lot better than it was before!

I found a way to make this work, what I had to do was ensure that only ONE of the cards in the deck was set to Equal Height Card Deck and it had to be the shortest height card, then the images were locked to the bottom on both cards and the taller card was not getting it’s contents truncated or hidden behind the image!

So at least I can cobble something together that is a lot better than it was before!

Yes, currently that is how it works, you’ve not cobbled it together, you have just used it as it works currently… I’ve not had time to create video on that feature yet. That being said there is always room for refinement, so I will look to see if there is a smoother way to do it. Either that or go without the Bottom Image option going forward if necessary in the Card Deck.

Adam:

I still feel it is a really handy feature as I use the card stack in a lot of different situations with both a top and bottom image, and the only problem with this to date has been not being able to ensure the bottom image stays at the bottom, like the header.

I’m really happy now that I have a way of making this work as it is so handy for a lot of different applications.

So my vote is to keep it!

1 Like