Centering content on page

When I use to use foundry years ago, it was really easy and simple to center all the content on the page. I am not finding how to do this.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Evan

Are you using a container stack, a column stack, backdrop stack?

Whatever works… right now, I have container stacks.

Hey there @Evangelos

I think what you’re looking for is likely the Container tool in Foundry 2. Container “contains” the content within it to a specific width, which in turn centers it horizontally on the page. Have a look at the documentation for Container here: Container Documentation

This has been the method for achieving this for quite a long time — from v1.0 until today — so I suspect this is likely what you’re looking for.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, provide us a copy of your project file please so we can see how you’ve set things up.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

I think I used to use background and container stacks allot…but I don’t see the background stack anymore…

Foundry v1 and v2 do not have a tool called Background. There’s Banner, Backdrop, and Jumbotron, among others, but in v1 and 2 there’s no Background tool.

Sorry, I meant backdrop…

The fixed-width fixed it. Somehow i missed that.

Also, looks like @stackJunkie was helping you with this same topic on Jan. 17, so there might be information there for you as well:

Glad to hear you got it sorted. There’s tons of documentation and tutorials on the Foundry site that can also help out. If you’re ever in need of help figuring out what documentation you should reference let us all know and we’ll point you right to that set of documentation / video(s).

actually, to be more accurate, between the navigation and the start of the page.

Looks like you’re using Foundry in the Tesla theme. That isn’t how Foundry works unfortunately.

Foundry is meant to be used in the blank Foundry theme that comes with your purchase. It is not to be used inside a pre-made theme like Tesla. This is likely why you’re running into other problems, too unfortunately. Check out the Quick Start page for Foundry, here: Getting started with Foundry

Gotcha, Thanks.

What’s up with the 20 character minimum for posting? I’m only asking this question, because it is forcing me to post 20 characters.

To prevent posts that don’t add anything to the conversation mostly.

Ok… So I can’t just say thank you, I have to make up a long sentence to say… thank you. Seems a bit totalitarian, just sayin’… Thanks again.

1 Like