Column question and request

I’m having an issue with the column stack. i used a 2 column foundry stack and place an image and paragraph stack, removed the base margins in both and im still getting space underneath the 2 column stack. I used a 3rd party column stack ( pictured in the first row) and i did not run into this issue

Request: can a option be added to the column stack to vertical center align content. I know i could use margins/padding but it would easier to to just enable the option then play with settings until you get the desired effect.

thanks!

I’m having an issue with the column stack. i used a 2 column foundry stack and place an image and paragraph stack, removed the base margins in both and im still getting space underneath the 2 column stack.

Did you remember to turn of the Column stack’s own base margins? You can find those settings here: http://d.pr/i/tzlw

Request: can a option be added to the column stack to vertical center align content. I know i could use margins/padding but it would easier to to just enable the option then play with settings until you get the desired effect.

Vertical centering content could be done, though it might introduce some extra code when it isn’t in use, which is something I try to avoid. I can look into it and see what the repercussions would be. In my mind I see that there could be some issues with certain layouts using that feature. Not sure though if it is something I’d add or not though since there are pretty easy ways of doing it already, but like I said I’ll give it some thought.

Success…thanks for the quick reply!

Not a problem, glad it was an easy one.

Regarding the vertical centering what other way could it be done in foundry.

There’s not a stack for that, if that is what you mean. The best way is with the Margins stack, which is how I do it myself.

@Steve_J and @Trump2016: For vertical centering in a stack, you’d basically want to be able to set the height of the stack, at each of the three breakpoints, and then have the content vertically centered within that height, correct? Just checking to see what the expectation on this was before I set out to try some things.

1 Like

Yes, that is the expectation. Thanks!

hi
i have not tried that method before, i have used 3rd party column stacks that have an option to select if you want the content: top. middle or bottom in a single column or all of them, so i never adjusted the heights manually. What you think is best/less trouble on your end

@Trump2016: So in your usage of such stacks what is determining the height of your content? Just trying to make sure I am implementing what everyone wants for this.