Encountering a problem with the Alloy Editor in Foundry

Hello, I actually use everything from Foundry for my website.

Now I have the problem if I want to upload an image in the editor, then there is no image but only a Red Cross.

What am I doing wrong?

Check there’s no “special” characters in the image filename. Also check for spaces.

So, something like:

image_0001_1280x720.jpg

Rather than:

image 0001 @ 1280 x 720.jpg

There’s a maximum file size, too - not 100% sure what it is, but it’s way more than would be sensible for a web page.

Hi there @DerMike

The tips that @jacksona provided are a good place to start and will eliminate any of the top level things that might be causing you a problem. If his suggestions don’t help out, then we’re going to need a lot more information to be able to assist you in using the Alloy Editor.

If you’re still having problems after trying the steps that @jacksona suggested, then please provide the following items to us as well as answer some questions.

What we need

Provide us a copy of your project file please.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Additionally, in that same ZIP file, please provide us a copy of the image file you’re attempting to use so we can have a look at the original file.

Answer these questions

• Have you followed the tutorial videos in the Quick Start section of the Alloy site step-by-step? (If not please create a simple test project and replicate the tutorial step-by-step as a test)
  • What version of PHP are you using on your server? Alloy should work in PHP v5.6 through v7.4.
  • Who is your hosting provider?

After we get some feedback from you on the above items we can see if there’s any further information that might be needed to sort out what might be going wrong on your setup.

@DerMike What browser are you using? By chance is it Chrome? Can you try in Safari?

Check the names of your folder:

Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 08.35.15

Never use a slash in the folder name (/editor) but use the clean name “editor”. I made this mistake once and it prevented the upload of images in the editor.

Hans