Feature idea/request for the Modal stack

Hi,

As far as I can see the text on the trigger button inherits the general settings for links. I would like to see separate settings for that text (font-style, text-decoration).

Leif

I would prefer to be able to use a link with a class definition or data-attribute to trigger the Modal, Side Slide, etc… That way you could use a normal button, image, text link, or anything to trigger a modal or side slide, etc… Then you could also tigger the same modal from multiple places.

@leifottosson The Modal’s button trigger should not be inheriting the text-decoration property from the Control Center. It should never have an underline. Besides the text-decoration what are you seeing it inherit?

@webdeersign For now these elements, like the Modal, Side Slide, etc. will be triggered off of just their associated built-in triggers. Keeps things more simple that way. This is how all of Foundry is setup. There isn’t any other case where Foundry allows the user to specify their only id or class to trigger an element. This is by design.

Actually @leifottosson I spoke too soon. Bootstrap does, out of the box, allow the text-decoration to affect buttons. I’ll think on what I want to do with this one.

1 Like

@elixirgraphics You can see the same behaviour for SideSlide and Tabs too. Don’t know if there are any other stacks with buttons in them.

Would it be possible to add a drop zone to the stacks with a button? And a switch in the settings for using the default button or the drop zone where the user can use a text link, another button stack or an image as the trigger? I think that would be simple enough and at the same time add some flexibility.

You can see the same behaviour for SideSlide and Tabs too. Don’t know if there are any other stacks with buttons in them.

Yeah, I noticed it too, and why I posted my second message. I’ll take a look and see what I think is the best route to go. My preference would be no text-decoration on any buttons, but some people might like them.

Is the text-decoration the only thing you’re seeing affected?

Would it be possible to add a drop zone to the stacks with a button? And a switch in the settings for using the default button or the drop zone where the user can use a text link, another button stack or an image as the trigger? I think that would be simple enough and at the same time add some flexibility.

Is it possible? Maybe. I’d have to work with it and see how it affected other things, and what the tradeoffs are. Currently that isn’t something on my roadmap. I’ll experiment with it and see what I think, but no promises on this one.

@elixirgraphics The tabs in the Tabs stack seems to inherit the link color and the link hover style from the control center too. Guess that’s how it’s supposed to work but I’m not sure I like that. Otherwise I can’t find anything more.

Yeah, it is intended that the Tabs take on normal link styling. I’ll add it at the ‘to look at’ list though.