Fixed Height Stack

Does Foundry have a “container” stack which can be set to a fixed height?
Like Joe Workman’s Jack stack
Container has a fixed width option but I can’t see a way to set the height.
Thanks
Philip

The Container stack doesn’t have that feature, but I have another stack in beta testing that uses fixed heights to center content. Would that cover what you’re looking to do, or did you need it to serve a different purpose?

Thanks for the reply Adam
I like to be able to use fixed height containers in a column layout so that each section is the same size.
Just makes for a nice - to me - symmetrical setup.
This is especially so when most of my content areas are pretty similar - an image of a product, followed by a header, followed by a short descriptive paragraph.
The JW Jack stack does this, and includes a scroll bar to allow for different amounts of content.
I can continue with the Jack stack in Foundry of course, but would prefer a "native"solution if possible.
Not sure that the beta stack you mention would do what I need.
All the best
Philip

It would be great if the card stack would support this equal heigth!

You’re in luck, the Card Deck supports equal height.

So my suggestion would be: use the card stack! I really love this stack.

@Fuellemann Make sure it is the Card Deck Stack. It is like a column stack but with the Cards as the columns. This is a great stack with so many options.

The JW Jack stack does this, and includes a scroll bar to allow for different amounts of content.

I won’t likely add in a stack that has a scroll bar like this. If that is something you need you might be better with your current solution. After the next update ships give the new stacks in it a try and see if they work for your particular use case.

Thanks for the feedback. I also love the Card Deck stack but I can’t find where it supports fixed height - fixed width yes
Philip

As a Foundry newbie, but a well experienced accumulator of all sorts of add onsI just wanted to say that I was pleased in fact that Adam has no plans to come up with a stack with a scroll bar etc like the JW Jack stack. Just a reminder to me why I moved to Foundry. Powerful, elegant simplicity. Decluttering is most refreshing

1 Like

Setting the Card Deck to be a Deck or a Group will create equal height Cards:

Great, thanks Adam. Knew there had to be something inbuilt