Font face issue on Firefox and internet Explorer

Hi there,
I’ve just started to work with Foundry and I found it very useful in front of other similar products, but I got an issue: when selecting fonts “others” as well google fonts for header stack and Base fonts, it doesn’t work on Firefox (Mac and WIN) and Internet Explorer. In fact these browser doesn’t shows the right typeface that I’ve selected (in this case a Rufina-regular), but another serif font type like Georgia or Times New Roman for base fonts and a plain sans-serif in the Page Header.
What’ going wrong?
And: there is a way to use other external fonts - not listed in google fonts - that I own like a more “graphical” Rufina-alt02?
Best regards,

Giulio M.

Hi @giulio_mastro!

Post a link to the page with the problem and point out the particular header on the page you need me to look at and I’ll see what is up with it.

there is a way to use other external fonts - not listed in google fonts - that I own like a more “graphical” Rufina-alt02?

To do this you’d need to embed the font on your own and then use the Custom Font, with Other chosen, and provide your font name there. This is a more advanced thing to do. If you’re not familiar with @font-face embedding you might not want to attempt this.

Thanks for quick reply,
this is the link: http://alfogher.sicilia.restaurant/rapidfogher.

Regarding font embedding: I feel enough friendly with basic coding, but I should need to know if I have to upload to the server the fontfaces inside Resource by Rapidweaver or I should upload it separately and then adding the CSS and javascript code.

this is the link: http://alfogher.sicilia.restaurant/rapidfogher.

I’ll give this a look here as soon as I can.

Regarding font embedding: I feel enough friendly with basic coding, but I should need to know if I have to upload to the server the fontfaces inside Resource by Rapidweaver or I should upload it separately and then adding the CSS and javascript code.

That would be up to you and the way you wish to handle your font embedding. You could go whichever way you like. The font embedding you’re doing is separate from the Foundry code. You’d just be using the Custom font field to reference your embedded font.

@giulio_mastro: Is there a particular header on the page I should be looking at?

Actually don’t worry about it. I suspect I found your issue. You’ve mistyped the Google Font name. You need to use simply Rufina as the Google Font name. You’ve typed Rufino-bold which is not a valid Google Font name. You would use Rufina as the font name then set the appropriate weight of the font. This font offers two font weights according to the Google Fonts site: