Forum updates inbound

Tomorrow, March 10, 2020 I am planning to attempt to do some major, under-the-hood updates to the forum. This means there may be some down time tomorrow, off and on. The goal is to gain SSL support, get more storage space and memory, and updated software, among other things.

I’ll grab a copy of the forum posts tomorrow and use it for seeding the new installation. So please be patient with me tomorrow as I try and get things sorted out. Hopefully it will all go to plan. If not, we’ll be back here with this installation still.

3 Likes

Alright, that should do it I think. :ballot_box_with_check:

Welcome to the new domain for Elixir support: https://elixir.suppot

I did a lot of prep work all day yesterday to get things ready for the transfer today. I think everything should be just as you left it – accounts, posts, DMs, etc should all be just as they were this morning. If you see problems, please let me know via a direct message or email and I’ll do my best to get it sorted.

I’ve forwarded the old domain name to this new location. It may take the majority of today for it to propagate out to everyone, but it should now point here. That said, bookmark https://elixir.support as that is the new location going forward.

In addition to SSL certification, the new server has more storage and RAM for our growing needs. The Discourse installation has been upgraded as well, among other things.

6 Likes

Hi
Will there be a dark mode option for this forum, like the realmac forum has.

You mean like multiple themes to choose from? I can look into it. Is this something that interests other users, too?

Works a charm. Nice work Adam :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. Pulled my hair out yesterday and was on the edge of my seat this morning. But so far so good.

3 Likes

Yes, a dark background theme option, easier on the eyes :grinning:

1 Like

Consider it done. You can access the theme choice in the preferences section under your profile avatar:

CleanShot 2021-03-10 at 11.16.48

Then choose Interface and select your theme:

I’ll tweak it a little in the coming days. I’ll also look and see if there are any pre-made themes that might be good as well.

1 Like

I’ve also added it to the menu at the top of the page:

Congratulations :slight_smile: And Thank You!

1 Like

Awesome… My retinas thank you!

1 Like

:laughing:

I’ll keep an eye out for a few more themes to add as options.

1 Like

Hi,
Great update. Working flawlessly.

1 Like