Foundry 1.2.5.0 is out

Gentlemen, please start your update machine. It is worth it!

3 Likes

Already done yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lots of fixes and some unexpected new features which were a surprise.

The best bit however is - “It also paves the way for some more additions to the Foundry family later this year”

6 Likes

Great update! I solved my breadcrumb problem discussed at Navigation bar top-level menu items in breadcrumb
Keep it up! :+1:

1 Like

Solved that accordion annoyance! Awesome!

2 Likes

@elixirgraphics Thanks for this newest update. It was a few days before I could take the time to view the screencasts on Typeface. Wow, what a great addition. You’ve provided a very simple and elegant way to handle fonts within a project! Really impressive addition to Foundry.

My question: does Typeface stack need to be added to every page of a project? It seems the answer is “No” in my short testing: I could add to my home page and the fonts specified would be used on other pages. But I want to be sure about this as it’s easy enough to add Typeface to my main partial stack that includes other stacks I want/need on all pages.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @mitchellm. Glad you’re finding Typeface useful. Typeface needs to be on any page you wish to use the Typeface stacks on. It is best to probably use a Partial for this so that you can make changes in one place and they’ll be carried over to each page with that Typeface Partial.

1 Like

Got it. I have just added to my basic partial that includes all other key stacks I use on all pages.

OMG OMG! What’s a partial? God I’m crap at this!

See: https://yourhead.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/228020987-Stacks-3-Reference-Manual

Partials

A partial is a group of stacks that you can reuse on any page or on multiple pages in your site. You can make edits and changes to the partial (the group of stacks) in one place and the changes are reflected everywhere in the site/document. For the best introduction to partials, check out the video: http://yourhead.com/partials/

To create a partial, select the group of Stacks you want to use and click the Partial button at the top of the Edit view. Your view will automatically move into the Partial editing view. You can give the partial a title, subtitle, author, and tags.

You can edit each stack in the partial. They behave just as a “normal” stack does. You can then place this partial in multiple different places in your site and any changes that you make to the partial are reflected in every location of the partial.

Once you’ve created a partial, it appears in the Partials group of the library. The stacks inside the partial have dotted lines rather than solid. To edit a partial, select it and click the Edit button in the top tool bar. Alternatively, you can double-click the partial to edit it. Once you’ve finished editing the partial, click the Back button. You can re-edit the partial at any time.

When you first create a partial, the stacks are only editable from with the partial editor. And all content and styles are the same for every instance of the partial in your site. However, if there is a particular stack in the partial that you want to be able to change in just one instance of the partial, you can do that!

When you are editing the partial, click the blue pushpin circle on the stack that you want to customize. That will allow that particular piece to be edited on individual instances of a partial.

Thanks so so much! I really appreciate the quick and detailed response - will digest it this evening and give it a go!

Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like