Foundry 3 drag and drop from templates

I have just purchased Foundry 3 and it looks very interesting and extensive. I have successfully added it to RW Classic. There is one very useful feature that does not seem to work for me anymore. I used to be able to drag sections from a Foundry template into one of my project files and then adapt it to my site. I don’t seem to be able to do this anymore with RWC and F3. Am I missing something?

Hi there @fg8 – The templates in the projects supplied with Foundry 3 are simply RapidWeaver Stacks pages. I had a great deal of feedback from users that they did not like the Templates living in the Stacks library so I simply made them into pages in a project file that you can copy and paste elements from into your own project.

1 Like

Hi Adam, that is exactly what I am trying to do. I have tried to copy elements from a template into pages into my project and it does not work for me. Usually I could drag an element from a template project file into a page in my project, but for some reason it is not working for me. I can’t even drag or copy a whole page from a template project into my project.

This wouldn’t be related to Foundry unfortunately. This sounds like you’re having some other sort of problem, either with RapidWeaver or Stacks. I just loaded up RW 8 and it worked as expected. I did it in both ways – dragging Stacks addons from one Stacks page to another, as well as dragging an entire page from one project file to another: CleanShot 2023-02-10 at 14.31.11 · CleanShot Cloud

Here I did the exact same tasks but with RapidWeaver Classic: CleanShot 2023-02-10 at 14.34.06 · CleanShot Cloud

The story is the same when I copy-and-paste individual items from one project file’s Stacks page to another, too.

Further, the copying and pasting from a F3 template works in RW8 but does not work for me in RWC.

You’re going to want to talk to Realmac & YourHead on this one. Those tasks are not something Foundry handles whatsoever. I don’t have any control over it unfortunately.

Thanks Adam. I have just worked out if I save your Template project as a .rwc then I can copy and paste from one .rwc project to another .rwc project but not .rw8 to .rwc or visa versa.

Yeah, you have to open them both in the same app for sure. You can’t open both apps and copy and paste from one to the other.