Foundry header problem

Spark.zip (1.4 MB)
Don’t worry, I could still use the 1.2. Check this out when you are available

Hmmm, strange. I’m not getting that same problem here running v1.3.0.0. This is what I see:

I’m going to send you an email with the latest version of Foundry in case for some reason you’re having problems receiving the update fully.

Also, when you get a chance, let me know what version of RapidWeaver you’re using. You can find the version and build number here in the About window in RapidWeaver:

06 AM

Also, let me know what version of Stacks you’re using as well.

Well, my RW is 7.5.2.

About stacks, I just bought it one or two days ago in yourhead, it is version 3, but I find no place to have a look at exactly what it is. It is 3.5.5 and I found it in the Add-on manager:stacks version

I installed the version you sent me and I relaunched the RW 7. It is OK right now. I have no idea if it will be weird next time I open the same project.:joy:

OK. Let me know if you have further problems with it.

Same issue.
36 PM

When I check to update RW I get it’s the current version 7.5.2, even the download on the RW website is 7.5.2…
I’m using Foundry 1.3.042 PM

Maybe RW 7.5.2 could not download Foundry update completely?

I wonder if there is some issue with RW 7.5.2 and High Sierra (10.13.1).

I’m running RM 7.5.2, Stacks 3.0.0 and Foundry 1.3.0 on El Capitan (10.11.6) and have never seen this issue.

It sounds like 7.5.4 is due to be released this week. I know there were some issues with some version of RapidWeaver and High Sierra. Perhaps this will be fixed in it too.

The v7.5.4 download can be found here: 🐝 RapidWeaver 7.5.4 Beta - Announcements - RapidWeaver Support Forum

It is weird that this problem exists at all. I’ve yet to be able to replicate it. It appears almost as if Stacks is not processesing the conditional statements. I’m going to see if we can’t get @isaiah to have a look at this… @mmcd: Can you post a link to a ZIP file containing your project file that you’re experiencing this problem with, as well as to make sure to point out what page the problem is occurring on.

Anyone experiencing this problem, please also post the following, if you haven’t already… this way when @isaiah does get a chance to look at it, we’ll have a bit of information for him:

• macOS Version Number
  • RapidWeaver Version Number
  • Stacks Version Number
  • Foundry Version Number

Might want to update your Stacks to 3.5.5

Couple of things to make sure of –

• Be sure you’re running Stacks 3.5 or later. This is a requirement for Foundry. Always best to be using the latest version of Stacks.
  • If you have configured your addons folder to be anything other than the default in RapidWeaver, be sure it is still set to your alternate addons folder. Apparently I’m being told that sometimes this can revert to the default version after a macOS update. If it reverted to the default addons folder you may be using an older version of Stacks and not realize it.
1 Like

Good point. I am running Stacks 3.5.5. I had just looked at one of the included Stacks’ stacks and it’s 3.0.0. My bad.

I’m not having the issue and was just trying to point out that the only difference I saw was that Ben is running High Sierra. It looks like he is running Stacks 3.5.5.

I am OK with it now after I got the foundry update @elixirgraphics sent me by email :

I reinstalled Stacks 3.5.5 after and that seemed to do the trick.
I’ll let you know if I run into it again.
Thank you for the quick reply.

@Ben_Yang @mmcd Just out of curiosity, do you or did you have your addons folder for RapidWeaver located anywhere but the default location at any time?

Probably yes. RapidWeaver is in Setapp, and addons folder is probably not within Setapp. So the addon update within RW won’t work?:grinning: This might be reasonable :grinning:.

I’m not 100% certain this is solution for everyone. This sort of symptom can probably be caused by half a dozen different problems. But, as I told Adam yesterday privately, this fits the data we have very well…

Lost connection with Addons folder

We’ve noticed before – especially after an OS update – that RapidWeaver can lose track of its addons folder. When it does this it defaults back to its original folder – and loads whatever plugins you had there.

In some cases RW may even report that it is using one addons folder – but load addons from a totally different folder!!! (OK, to be fair, this was a bug that should be fixed in a recent update to RapidWeaver – but it’s worth knowing that history).

If you’re ever concerned you might be getting an old version of Stacks – just take a peek up at the top-right corner of the Edit mode. It shows the current version (dimmed almost to the point of invisibility to stay out of the way until you need it). If the version seems out of whack – consider looking into your addons folders.

I wrote a bit about how to do that here:
http://cafe.yourhead.com/?qa=219/some-of-stacks-have-installed-are-not-appearing-in-rw-library

If you’ve done these things – and the problem still persists – then I think we should talk privately. I’ll collect some more detailed info about your setup, machine, etc. – and we can work from there. :slight_smile:

Isaiah

3 Likes

Thank you guys for bring this up. It just veryfies that when ever there’s a problem check forum :slight_smile:

I recently joined Foundry family and was going trough first chapter of Foundry course when I stumbled on this foundry header / control center problem.

Solution was uptade Foundry to latest version. I had to try it couple of times, boot RW and close and open project before got it trough, but to be fair it might have been because I was tethering internet connection in cafe.

Running now
macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
RW 7.5.5
Stacks 3.5.5
Foundry v1.3.0.0

2 posts were split to a new topic: Does Font Weight subsitute Bold option?

Hello there, I am experiencing the same problem: “Foundry Control Center Stack Missing. Add the Control Panel to the page.”
I have
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
RW 7.5.5
Stacks 3.6.1
Foundry v1.3.3.3

Have you attempted quiting and then restarting RapidWeaver? If not give that a try. If you’ve already done that with the same results then send me a ZIP file containing your project file and I can take a look at it tomorrow when I’m in the office again.