Foundry Kudos + eCommerce Question

Unlike most (if not all) on this forum, I knew nothing about building a website a few months ago. I purchased RapidWeaver and tried to use one of their themes, but found it very confusing. I then purchased a theme from Elixir and was able to develop a simple site very quickly. I started using stacks which added even more flexibility. I then purchased Foundry and am amazed at how easy it is to build a great looking site. It actually looks like I know what I’m doing. Kudos to Adam for great products, excellent tutorials and documentation and outstanding customer service.

I did have a question. I want to build a site for a non-profit that has various products for sale. Although I can build the basic site with Foundry, I assume I will need a specialized stack (or stacks) that will work with Foundry to handle the various products, product groupings and payments. Would appreciate any suggestions you can provide. Thanks.

1 Like

@fog1horn: Thanks for all the kind words! Glad you’re finding RapidWeaver easier and easier to use.

I did have a question. I want to build a site for a non-profit that has various products for sale. Although I can build the basic site with Foundry, I assume I will need a specialized stack (or stacks) that will work with Foundry to handle the various products, product groupings and payments. Would appreciate any suggestions you can provide. Thanks.

This is one of those questions where there’s a lot of different ways to accomplish what you’re wanting to do. It will come down to both personal preference on how you want to do things, your workflow, and what you’re wanting to pay.

I use CartLoom myself. It is good for both digital and physical goods. Very inexpensive, too. Very feature rich and they have a new version they’re working on right now that is going to be even better. You setup your goods in their system and then use code snippets to insert the product and cart on your page(s). It works well with Stacks and Foundry because it isn’t a page plugin for RapidWeaver, but instead snippets that can be inserted where you like.

I believe RapidCart also works with Stacks. I’ve used it for a site myself, but I think people like it a good deal.

I’m sure others will have some suggestions as well.

Hello

Do I understand correctly that I can integrate RapidCart into Foundry without using a theme? Or do I need a different theme like for a blog-page?

RapidCart, I believe, is a plugin and not a stack. I am not very familiar with RapidCart myself though so you may need to check on their site for more information.

If it is indeed a plugin you would likely not be able to use it on a stacks page, which is a requirement for Foundry itself. There are lots of options for eCommerce out there though that can be used within a stacks page though.