Google Font on iOS devices

Hello everyone,

I am now a happy foundry user since last weekend and bid you all a fond hello.

I have started on a page for my wifes business…
I am a total brutal newbie

I selected Roboto as General google font. That also seems to have carried over

However the font in the bulleted lists kept looking way different, so I manually adjusted the font in the text stacks to Roboto 16 normal to match it better.

On Safari on the Mac it looks perfect.
On the iPad and iOS it still looks off, like before.

Any ideas?

A million thanks for taking the time and making an effort.

1 Like

Hi there @starson!

Without a few things we’ll probably not be able to shed any light on the situation… If you can post a URL to the published page that will be a start. Even better, if you can create a ZIP file and either email it to me (adam at elixirgraphics dot com) or post a Dropbox link to it here, I can look at how you have things configured and see what might be going on.

Hi Adam,

thanks a lot…a zip file of what? The entire page?

the linke is: www.echovet.de

Cheers,

Olli

A ZIP file of your RapidWeaver project file. This is the file you open when editing your site.

I’m out of the office for the day, but if you send that over I can have a look tomorrow.

You’ve got mail. :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen it come through. Thinking it may have gotten bounced for being too large. If the file is bigger than a couple MB you may have to use Dropbox or a similar service.

Yes, I also add the link to sync.com. Did you not get that?

I received the download link and will look it over. Which page is the list on that is not being formatted with your font choice?

@starson

So, as I am looking at your project file I see some things – your text is in Text stacks instead of Foundry Paragraph stacks. This is OK, but you’ll get more overall tie-in of all the Foundry elements if you use Foundry-based stacks.

The other thing I see right off is that your text is pasted into these Text stacks with formatting from wherever you originally copied the text from. You want to make sure to Clear Formatting on your text when pasting it into RapidWeaver (or use the Paste as Plain Text from the Edit menu). This will strip off any formatting from where you’re copying your content from and allow the app, stacks, etc to do the formatting of your content. These aren’t Foundry specific things, but rather RapidWeaver best-practices.

I have cleared the formatting on the text stack on this page and published a test for you to see. Load this page on your iOS device and I think you’ll see it works as I think you wish it to: https://elixirgraphics.com/test/vet/page-2/page-8/Blutdruck.html

1 Like

OK yes, that looks much better. Will change all this tonight. So should I change all the text stacks over to foundry paragraph stacks? what would be the benefit?

Can I strip the formatting after it has been copied or will I need to copy everything back in again?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

So should I change all the text stacks over to foundry paragraph stacks? what would be the benefit?

That is up to you and how much time you wish to invest into it. The Paragraph stack offers more options and ties into the main Foundry stacks settings. You can read more about the Paragraph stack here on the Documentation page: http://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/documentation/paragraph

Can I strip the formatting after it has been copied or will I need to copy everything back in again?

You can indeed strip the formatting for the text. You will highlight all of the text and then choose “Clear Formatting” from the Format menu in RapidWeaver.

1 Like

Since I really like foundry, will redo it all :slight_smile:

Thanks again