I am really glad to get everything moved over to Foundry from a Rapidweaver theme! Running through the whole site on my phone I can now click between each page. Before I did the re-design there were some areas I couldn’t get to using the navigation bar. There is one page that mostly stopped working though.
This page has an accordion menu that shows up on the desktop but not on the phone. Before the Foundry re-write the accordion showed up just fine on the phone as well. It is really about the only step backwards from the original site.
I re-designed the homepage using “sections” where I cut up one page of text with several paragraphs into multiple sections with one or two paragraphs per section. When I tested it on my phone I was a little surprised that it doesn’t seem to hold two paragraphs very well. I can go to one paragraph per section and add more sections but I just thought I would ask if that is the best option to go with. When I view it form my iPhone 7 the animation of the section rocks back and forth so you can’t really view the two paragraph section. What I mean by that is you go to section two it goes to the end of the section, when you try to go to the top of section two it scrolls past the top of that section all the way up to section one again! So it’s basically unreadable on a phone of my size at this point.
The biggest aspect of the text which needs to be changed is the margins for the desktop was setup so to add negative space so that the pages don’t look to crowded. I wanted different spacing for the small phone screen of course but don’t know how to do that. The video file trailer icons at the bottom of the page are especially small.
The body text in the MegaMenu is double spaced. I think it is done that way so that people won’t accidentally click the wrong link if the link area were too close. Which makes sense but it just makes the body space text really far apart. If there is a way to change that on mobile that would be nice. If not maybe I can live with it. There is quite a bit of body in some menus that I will have to find a way to cut back on in later updates.
So I think the main thing is to get the type working on the phone and then mobile should be mostly up and running. Thanks for everyone’s help getting the first phase of the website re-written!