Having problems getting Form Pro to work

I read the documentation, and have set up many form before so thought this would be straight forward. I entered thee To: address which is under the domain of the site.

I first tired the basic set up: No joy.
Then I entered my email sever info with my credentials and there special port change: No joy
Then I toggled between SSL /TTL or None each which produces : No Joy
Then I check the box for send from my email address: No joy
I then wen back there the whole process permutations with the box checked still : No joy

Any help would be appreciated
Landon

Hey there again @shadowheart :wave:

I see you have said you’ve read the documentation for Form Pro – that’s great! Thank you for doing that. Have you watched and followed along with the tutorial video as well?

Much like with your other support thread you opened, I can’t unfortunately troubleshoot the problem without having a few things in-hand. I’ll need the following items and information to help dig into your problem:

• What version of PHP are you running on your server?
  • Does your host provide SMTP login details in their documentation? If so, please share a link to that documentation for me. Have you used these SMTP settings for your form?
  • I’ll need a copy of your project file. Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in an email to me at: adam at elixirgraphics dot com

With these things hopefully I can get started on troubleshooting your problem. It may come down to your server not allowing email to be sent from a PHPMailer form. Hopefully that isn’t the case since I don’t have any control over that.

Server Name cutlass
cPanel Version 102.0 (build 24)
Apache Version 2.4.54
PHP Version 7.4.32
MySQL Version 5.7.23-23
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Shared IP Address 192.185.143.10
Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version 5.16.3
Kernel Version 4.19.150-76.ELK.el7.x86_64

Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)

Username: artist@landonwells.net
Password: Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server: mail.landonwells.net
  • IMAP Port: 993

• POP3 Port: 995|
    |Outgoing Server:|mail.landonwells.net

• SMTP Port: 465|
    |IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.|

Hide Non SSL/TLS Settings

Non-SSL Settings (NOT Recommended)

Username: artist@landonwells.net
Password: Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server: mail.landonwells.net
  • IMAP Port: 143

• POP3 Port: 110|
    |Outgoing Server:|mail.landonwells.net

• SMTP Port: 587|
    |IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.|

I have tried them from the form.

The login credentials you’ve inserted into Form Pro do not match what your host requires. Compare this to the login credentials you posted above:

Here you’re using the contact email address, but your host is requiring the artist email address. Curious that the host didn’t catch that one.

I suggest fixing this wrong email address and trying it all again. You may or may not need the “Send using your email address” feature as well. Also be sure to check your spam folder. Many times form submissions can get shunted off to the spam folder, or even filtered by the server before reaching your email client app.

I got it to work the culprit was the file attachment field when I did not try to attach a file it sent just fine…

That’s weird. Perhaps your host disallows file attachments from forms? I just used a Form Pro form with attachment today for a project and it went as planned. :thinking: Glad you got it sorted. Be sure you’re using the login credentials that your host advises from your earlier post.

Will do…Roger Command

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.