Help on Glide stack

Hi,
when I use the Glide stack I noticed that when I click button “slip” at the end of the URL is added a part of text based on the button clicked, like:
“/#stacks_in_335_page0-glide-section-1
“/#foundry tacks_in_335_page0-glide-section-2”
“/#stacks_in_335_page0-glide-section-3

Please visit this page to view a live demo.

But in your demo http://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/documentation/glide/ this fact not happens.

How can I do to remove that text at the end of url?

Thanks
Massimo

@iografico – I’ll need you to send me, by email, a ZIP file containing your project file and any non-Foundry stacks you’re using on that page, so that I can look at it more closely. When I go to your page it has errors on it and I want to see if those are affecting your page or if it is something else, like perhaps a conflict with other stacks on your page, or if perhaps it could be something to do with your hosting.

I would be interested to know the answer to this too, but there is an easy to use alternative stack available from Tsooj called Scroll To. It adds a smooth scroll to # links, is cheap and works well. You could build your Magellan type Nav Bar using normal text links.

Hopefully this smooth scroll to links within a page, from the Nav Bar, will be added to Foundry in the future.

2 Likes

I’m sending to you via WeTransfer.
Let me know.

Thanks
Massimo

I will give it a look at my next opportunity.

@iografico - I looked back through my change log and remembered that the URL was added in so that users could link to specific sections within a Glide stack. This way you can give a URL on one page that goes to another page and to a specific section of the Glide stack. The reason you don’t see it on the live demo site is that I have not yet republished that page since the update. I have a lot of documentation updates that I’m writing, and once they’re done I’ll republish the Documentation pages and it will be updated.

1 Like

Hi,
ok thanks, but I have another question: for SEO reason, the url added to the Glide sections is it possible to customize?

1 Like

They’re not customizable. The anchors are generated from the IDs of the associated child-stacks. This is in order to keep the user from having to create distinct anchor names and cutting down on user error. That being said I don’t suspect that these anchors will have any impact of your SEO whatsoever.

Ok thanks but honestly it’s not nice to see at the end of the url a text like this:
www.domain.com/#stacks_in_335_page0-glide-section-1
or
www.domain.com/#stacks_in_335_page0-glide-section-2
etc.