Help with Image Stack

Hi,

I am trying to have a full width background Image with opacity and overlay Text on it along with an Image Slider / Single Image. So far I have been able to design the full width background image with opacity and overlay text in Affinity Designer, but I am not able to understand how to put the Image Slider / Single Image on top of the background image.

The stack I have used for background image is the normal Image stack found in Foundry. I understand that Image stack is not a container. I can’t put Image stack inside the container as I need full width image. Moreover even if I put the Image stack inside the container stack, the slider stack can only be placed below the image stack, not on top of the image stack having the background image.

Is there a special kind of stack in any of the addon packages or Foundry itself or is there any other way I can achieve this. I am not a seasoned web developer. I am building this website for my own small business.

Thanks,
Ujjwal

You can use the background stack for this:
https://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/documentation/backdrop/

it is part of the potion pack:
https://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/addons/potion-pack/

2 Likes

Hello Fuellemann, thank you for the help. I will surely try this one out. In the meantime I have another question about Banner stack. I have seen an image on the home page of Foundry stack that uses a Navbar stack and Slider stack inside Banner stack. The image refers to a template created by egomade and in the live demo of that template, the Navbar and the Slider stacks are showing as full width edge to edge in the bowser. But when I put my Navbar Pro and Slider stacks inside the Banner stack, they only show up in the middle of the browser.

How to make them full width edge to edge in my project, can you please advise something…

Thanks,
Ujjwal

I believe you’re referring to egoMade’s Ultimate pre-built project file, correct? If so, you should give it a look, here: Ultimate Project - egoMade

2 Likes

Hello Adam, yes I am referring to the same template. But the problem is that I can see it in action, but don’t know how they have done it. Cant download their project file to see how they implemented the solution I am looking for.

After putting the same structure in place ( Navbar pro and Slider inside the banner ) and publishing the files to the server, when I open my website in iPad in landscape mode, I can see the blue background at the top and bottom of the banner stack. Portraid mode in iPad looks fine though.

You can check my live website at www.punjabinukkad.com.au

I am developing this website for my own food business. I need the website up and running soon as my customers are asking for the website and I have told them that it is under construction and will be live soon.

Can you please advise me how can I achieve the same result. I have also sent the project file with the form that I submitted on the support page of your website. Maybe you can refer to my project file and see where am I going wrong…

Thanks,
Ujjwal

I have received no email from you, in my inbox or spam folder. The support form is working though, as I have received other support tickets via that form just today.

As for the layout in question – I did not design it, that was done by @egomade for a product he sells. You’re quickest, best bet would be to buy the project file, IMHO.

I’m not 100% clear on what you’re wanting to accomplish with your specific layout but the documentation page for Banner may help give you some insight: Banner Documentation

Thanks for the reply Adam. I have sent the request through the contact form twice. I even sent a dropbox link for my project file as advised on the contact form page. Can you please share with me some email id where I can write directly and also share my project file itself or a link to the project file so that you can understand my problem. I want to share the image of the Navbar Pro and Slider on live website in iPad in landscape mode so that you can clearly understand what I mean. I have spent a lot of money on buying the Foundry Framework and the add-on stacks and I really like this framework. Maybe I am missing out on something that I am not able to catch but you can catch immediately as you are an expert.

Thanks,
Ujjwal

I’m happy to help with bugs and whatnot but I don’t generally give instruction on how to build individual layouts or pages. Elixir is just one person — me — so I don’t have a lot of free time for consultation.

Developers like @egomade make a living off of creating unique layouts using their skills and knowledge, so it seems like bad form asking me to recreate one of his layouts for you instead of purchasing his product. Just my two cents.

As for the contact form — after reading this post I tried the form myself and it worked without a problem, so it is very strange your messages did not come through. If after looking through the documentation page I sent you to you think that this is a bug you can email you download link to me and I’ll look at it. I’ll need a detailed description of the bug and what the end goal is — in other words what you expect the layout to look like specifically. You can email that to adam at elixirgraphics dot com

1 Like