How to 'park' the index.php web page

Greetings,

What I am trying to do is temporarily hide/not publish the index.php page so I can do some testing with another index.php Stacks page. When I do as described the new index.php page is identical to the original index.php web page even though the page is blank save for the Stacks plugin.

To be clear, the Show in naviagation box is not selected.

The reason that I am doing this is because from what I understand, when data is sent to a web based database it must be sent to the website index page > www.domainName.com, for instance. I would like very much NOT to have this data go to the index.php page, so I am hoping the data can be re-directed to another web page on this site. In addition, this data page must be secure and the home/index.php cannot be a password protected webpage, for obvious reasons.

All comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Phillip

While I don’t quite follow what you’re trying to do, there is absolutely no reason that data needs to be sent only to the root index.php page of a website. Data can be sent (using GET or POST) to any page in any folder of the structure of a website. Obviously, the page will need to know what to do with the data it receives.

Thanks for getting back to me, Don.

In a nut shell this is my situation: I have developed water tank water level sensors whose data I want sent to a webpage database in real time.

After noting your comments, I went back over my PHP POST protocol script and realized that after a few minor tweaks, I can indeed have the data print out to any webpage that I wished. For some reason I incorrectly thought it would only go to the index page. Wrong! All I have to do is add a matching test page to publish the data to and I should be good to go.

I have a lot on my plate and learning how to implement a database is not the easiest task I have ever undertaken.

No pain, no gain!

I appreciate your help,
Phillip