I’m not getting anything on that page, not even an error when I visit in Safari. I do get an error message when I visit in Chrome – the same Error 500 you are getting. That being said, it is a very general error, which basically means something went awry on the server, but there’s no real details. This is something you’ll probably want to contact your host about.
Okay I have a bit more info. On the error-log for that page it states:
[29-Nov-2017 15:59:29 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘%’ in /home/mathewus/public_html/storylab2018/preview2/index.php on line 1771
That line turned out to be where I had placed a Form Pro stack for Foundry. And since everything was working fine yesterday, and I only recently updated to new Potion Pack, is it possible this is a bug in the Form Pro stack? (Yes, I published and saw this problem after updating to Potion Pack.)
For now I’ve removed the Form Pro stack and all works fine.
Okay, and now I’ve heard from my hosting company. They write:
The error_log file in that folder was throwing the following error:
[29-Nov-2017 16:20:43 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘%’ in /home/mathewus/public_html/storylab2018/preview/index.php on line 1615
I looked at that line and PHP was complaining about this tag:
It looks like that’s supposed to be used in HTML but not PHP. I just reordered the <?php tags to be inside of the block instead of outside and that seems to have cleared it up. Anytime a 500 error is showing on the site it should always be written to an error_log file in folder that file is being served from which can help with troubleshooting.
Note: this is a different page from the one I looked at. They are actually duplicates but are very slightly different. The line he refers to is also in the area where the Form Plus stack code is showing up.
Yes. It was there before. I had added a page to the project this morning so, of course, all pages were marked as changed. But I did not change the relevant page (the Home page). Once I exported I could not see anything on Safari. Chrome told me it was an HTTP 500 error. And my hosting company sent me the info listed above.
Unfortunately no. It’s all gone. I had to immediately remove the form. Delete all on server. Republish all. Students are registering for courses now and that one page served as a course “ad”. Once I had it working again (about 30 min ago), then I added the Form back in and it now seems to work. I sent you the project file that existed before the upgrade.
So I am clear, because I am currently a bit confused, did the problem occur with v1.2.0 installed or another version? Did installing v1.2.0 fix the problem?
When I export the page I don’t get this errant %[if]% statement. I am using v1.2.0 though to export, so I’m not sure that is what you were doing or not. I suspect it had something to do with the Form Pro stack being present, then updating to v1.2.0, and one of the new features toggles not working properly, but I can’t replicate it to see if that is true or which one in order to fix it, if it is a bug. But if the problem was present before updating to v1.2.0 then that scenario is thrown out the window.
Problem was not there before 1.20. When I woke up today 1.20 was available to upgrade. I did. Then about an hour later I made some changes to the project file and exported. That’s the first time I noticed the problem. So I have to assume it had to do with the upgrade process or not sticking after upgrade or toggles (as you mentioned).
I believe you are stating it correctly. I removed. Then exported. Only after I was confident that the page was now working correctly (after about an hour) did I then go back in and re-add the form pro stack. Then it finally worked fine.