I made an edit and now markdown not working correctly

Oh lord!
I added Alloy blog to my clients site and she made a first post and sent link out to all her clients.

I checked her post and it looked great … except that there were a couple of random #* symbols befoe an image she had added so I thought I’d just hop in there and delete them for her.

I did … and somehow totaly screwd the entire thing up.
Now the markdown doesnt work and anything that had been a header just shows up as **
and images as the links etc.
HELP! I dont know how to fix it!

My draft post (which I have not edited) also has gone crazy. No formatting and the ** markdown does not have any effect . I have no idea what I have done as it was working perfectly

Hi,
I have encounter this problem when I mix html code (here via Giphy) and markdown markup.
Try to had more space after the giphy code.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Or try and use a direct link using the markdown syntax to the giphy

1 Like

I would try and edit the post again. I got it to look fine in my test. I believe your hash and asterisk need to have a space between the items. Use the preview pane to see the changes before publishing.

1 Like

Do not use an iFrame for the embed. Use the responsive embed code provided by Giphy.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help.

I remade the post and used responsive embed code provided by Giphy.

I left space… It looks perfect in the preview panel so I published … only for it to be bad again. (No formatting and images show only as link address http: etc

All unformtted with no images even though they were viewable in preview.

I have deleted the Giphy … and all works and the images come back. So DEFF its Giphy!

But I do need to make them work if possible … as she really wants to use them

Could you simply download the GIF file from Giphy and then upload it in Alloy like any other image?

3 Likes

THANKYOU!
That worked perfectly… Yipppeeeeeee!

Incase anyone needs to know:
Control click on the selected Giphy
Choose: Save As (.gif)
Then in the blog just add as an image

2 Likes

Probably better this way, as you’re hosting the image on your own server now.

3 Likes

Yes much better. THANKS.
Alloy ROCKS

3 Likes