Issues with Focus Stack in Foundry

Hi Everyone - I’m ‘refreshing’ an old website and, as I did earlier, I’m using Focus inside Foundry. I can’t seem to find my original RW file. I’m using Focus to show a gallery of artwork. I have 18 images in rows of three. The page won’t scroll at all. The old one did. I’m wondering if there’s some new incompatibility or if I’m missing something that’s pretty basic (a specialty of mine :smile: )

Thanks in advance for your help!

Good afternoon @Robert

Hard to know without being able to look at the URL at a minimum. Share that link with us. :slight_smile:

Hi! Can I send you the project file instead? I removed that part from the website because it’s not functional. If that works for you, how do you want me to send it?

You can send me the project, but I’m heading out of the office in a few minutes, so it may not be looked at until sometime tomorrow at the earliest.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link.

You can email that link to adam at elixirgraphics dot com or post it here in the forum.

When you do be sure you outline exactly where the problem is – page, section, etc.

oops - just sent to a ‘dot me’ address I just scrounged up :slight_smile: I’ll resend to the other address just in case! Thanks.

The file you sent is chock full of non-Elixir stacks that I just don’t have. So I rebuilt the page and looked over what you had in Focus. The Gallery stack is not going to allow you to scroll inside of Focus as you’re loading light boxed items within the modal. The combination in this case just doesn’t work because of how Focus works.

You can test this by making two Focus buttons – in one put your gallery, in the other just put a large amount of text.

Like I said the complexity of how Focus literally morphs the button container into an overlay modal is just too much to combine with a complex Lightbox gallery, too.

That said, if you have the Foundry Thunder Pack it contains a Mega Modal stack. It doesn’t do the complex morph of the button into a modal, it just calls a full screen modal. It works with Gallery as you’d expect.

Hi Adam - I just sent you a more urgent email at the address I used earlier. The prior website used Focus in the same way and it worked fine, hence my question. Tonight, I’ll send you a dropbox link so you can see. I pulled the site from the server but don’t have / can’t find the RW file, so it will be what I uploaded, not the RW file.

I did explore the mega modal stack, but it doesn’t allow me to style the button to fit with the style I’ve created for the buttons throughout the website. If someday you can make an option to have it laugh from a link as well, that would be awesome! I know you have a lot on your plate though :slight_smile: Thanks!

Whether you got it to work in the past or not, the stacks as they stand are not working together. I’m happy to look at what you have though. That said, as a web developer I would never nest a lightbox within, a modal. Wether it be Focus, Mega Modal or something else. You’re creating too many layers for your visitor to sift through. Additionally you’ve chosen two very complex tools to nest together. While dragging and dropping two stacks together sort of hides the complexity of what is actually happening, you’re really creating something I’d never venture to do.

Thanks for clearing things up - Im working on new approach - maybe something normal, like a button that opens a new page :slight_smile: Duh.

Hi Robert, I never used Focus stack so I can’t comment on that. But I’m in the process of building a website for an artist who wants to show some of his work. I simply used Zoom (Potion) in a column stack. It’s all very straight forward but the visitor doesn’t need to click and click to see the images. Just an idea.
You can take a peek here.

Hans

Hi Hans,

I appreciate your feedback. I partly wanted to control the thumbnails (make them all the same size / shape) and I was able to do this with the gallery stack. Hopefully there’s not too much to click through!