Jumbotron Question

Hello

Have been trying to get the Jumbotron Stack to work the way I think it should.

The issue I am having is making the image stay still and the text to scroll over it when looked at on the cheap smart phone I have for testing. Instead the background image is changed making it skinny. The text does not move without the image moving. When I use a first generation iPad the same thing happens.

When I look on the internet in Chrome and shrink the screen everything works fine as well as in RapidWeaver preview.

If I am trying to do something that is not possible?
Any ideas what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

The page in question is http://www.tutupatterns.com/test/About/

Thanks
Phil

Hey there @cliophoto!

The locked background setting is disabled on mobile devices. This is because most mobile devices do not support the feature in their browsers, as it can be processor intensive, thus we just disable it.

I no longer have my 1st-Gen iPad to test against your site, but if you want to post a screenshot from yours I’d be glad to look at it. In all honesty, the browser that is on the original iPad is likely to be out of date compared to newer technologies.

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

This will save me chasing something that is not going to happen.

So this means the best answer is to disable the Jumbotron stack on phones and put together a different image or something.

Phil

No, the Jumbotron stack works on mobile devices, it will just default to a non-locked background.

Hello again

I understand.

Thanks
Phil

Was out of the house for my earlier replies. Not that I’m home I can give you a look at your Jumbotron on a modern mobile browser:

Looks good here.

Hello Adam

I have messed around and put an image for the phone that is smaller and does not get changed much by the phone resolution.

Not sure what I have done, but when looked at on the phone I am using, if the phone is turned the background image changes to the desktop picture. This makes things look good to us.

My wife is happy with the look of the phone page which what counts.

What was the image you sent from a iPhone or iPad?

Thanks
Phil

My wife is happy with the look of the phone page which what counts.

That is indeed what counts! :slight_smile:

What was the image you sent from a iPhone or iPad?

That image was from my iPhone.