Let's start talking about Foundry 3 🔥

Fixed. Reload the page and you should be good to go. :+1:

Thank you. Link now good. Just admiring all the hard work you must have put in.

1 Like

Thanks. If you notice any others I missed, please let me know. It is easy to overlook with so many documentation pages.

1 Like

Wow! I know I am late to the Foundry party, and am singing like a drunk at the party, but it’s amazing, the grids, playing with them at the moment, the Alchemy tool is excellent, and Wizardry tool is like a standalone feature stack you would expect to buy on its own. But Blacksmith, double wow! This is a killer feature. Very impressed with first dip of the toes in the water so far, everything with extensive documentation, well done. Combined with Alloy this is a great package.

3 Likes

Have you been able to look at the wizardry tutorial video? On the documentation page it says look at video above but there’s no video there or on elixirs youtube page

1 Like

No I’ve just been getting stuck in playing around, it reminds me a lot of another 3rd party stack I’ve used before. I notice on Youtube though that videos are going up at a rate of knots, seems like a mass upload so imagine it will be very soon I would guess.

2 Likes

That is one of the videos I’ve not yet been able to get around to recording yet. We had some mold in one of our bedrooms here and had to have mold remediation and rebuilding of the room afterwards. They just finished this past Wednesday. So with all of the construction I’ve just not been able to record for a while now unfortunately. It is on my todo list though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem, take your time, plenty to keep me busy. You mentioned that the sort/seek may come back, in the meantime if i need a filter stack, would there be an issue using a 3rd party stack and v3? Thanks

Just like with Foundry 2 you can use other 3rd-party tools with Foundry 3. I don’t own, and can’t test every one of them, but there’s nothing in Foundry 3 that should prevent them from working. In fact now without jQuery there should be even fewer things to conflict with outside 3rd-party tools.

5 Likes

Literally the best purchase in a loooooong time! A lot of elements that I had found work arounds to, to make it work just the way I wanted has now been answered!

Thankyou so much Adam literally amazed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is very kind of you @ablx! Have fun building your next site!

1 Like

Hello and congrats on Foundry 3’s release! I bought it immediately :slight_smile:

Just had a quick question about the new navigation menu. Is there a separate tool used to align the navigation items to left/center/right, etc? I ask because I see no functionality inside the nav menu tool itself.

1 Like

No separate tool for aligning navigation items. The Navigation Bar has one alignment setup. I tried to keep the design of it straight forward and went with what the vast majority of people were using for their navigation layout already.

Sounds good thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I think this layout will satisfy most designs. As time goes on I’ll be keeping an eye on this. There’s always room for growth. My thought though was to try and avoid including a bunch of extra code for features that weren’t getting used all that much.

1 Like

Yeah that makes perfect sense to me. If the user base has outliers, that stuff has to take a back seat. I’m glad to hear you may add it later down the line.

1 Like

Foundry 3 launch day nearly over in the UK but just spotted the last link in the sidebar to Classes has a video for Flux on the page.

Ah yes, that was my filler video during site design. Thanks. Good catch.

1 Like

New Foundry 3 Quick Tip blog post about “Navigating your Stacks Library & creating Smart Folders” is live:

6 Likes

Thanks for adding the feature I requested (nav item alignment)! Loving the v3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes