Links to Excel, Word, PDF files

This is a simple beginner question but it’s got me stumped.
I’m making a site for a course I teach and I want students to be able to download material like Excel files, Word files, PDF and possibly a few other formats I forgot. I don’t need to display the file; I just need the file to download to the student when they click the link.
I started with a “Linked List” stack, where I labelled the first Item and assigned a Badge. Then I dragged the first PDF file into the Resources pane. I went back to the Linked List Item and tried to Set Link to the PDF file from Resources. The link address remains greyed out in the dialog box.
The link doesn’t work. Clicking on the Linked List Item jumps the user to the top of the current page.
I like the look of the “Striped List” stack but I have the same issue using it. Seems like I’m not establishing the link to the external file correctly.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Put your spreadsheets, Word docs and PDFs into a ZIP file, then link to the ZIP file for your download link. :+1:

Thanks I’ll try that tonight when I get home from work.

1 Like

Did that end up working out for you?

Thanks for following up.

I discovered the key element I was missing was that I needed to put the files into the Resources container. When I compressed the file and dropped it into Resources everything went well.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like