Lunar theme menu

Im looking to have a drop down menu item active in the nav bar but not open up on its own page when someone clicks on it. I only want the sub items to open on their own pages. Is this doable in the Lunar theme? If so please let me know how to do this. At the moment I have to add content on the “About” page since it opens up and I rather not.
Main menu item: “About”
Sub menu item: “Meet Lydia”
Sub menu item: “How I work”

Thank you in advance.
Lydia

Hi there Lydia – Top tier parent items, those that have child pages, do not get linked. They have their link removed and they become placeholders for the drop down, like is seen here on the preview site when you click the “Samples” navigation item:

https://elixirgraphics.com/previews/lunar/

Thanks for your quick response.

OK. so It automatically does this? That’s exactly what I want and perhaps since I am still updating my site and haven’t tested it beyond the preview mode it looks like the parent item needed to be populated.

After I read your reply I went to replicate my problem as a test and when I click on the parent item a second time it opens up a page. Does this actually stop happening once published?

Thanks again
Lydia

Clicking on a parent items reveals the drop down. Clicking on the same parent item hides the drop down. This is the case whether in Preview Mode inside of RapidWeaver or once published. If you’re not seeing this then please send me a ZIP file containing your project file and I will be glad to have a look at it. My email address is adam at elixirgraphics dot com

If the file is larger than say 5mb, please send it via Dropbox or a similar service.

Hi Adam, thank you for offer to check my file. I discovered that I had to select in the Master style to have the parent navigation item be “Not Linked”, that fixed that issue. I have a couple of other questions but will look first to see if i can remedy them first before I contact you again.

Thanks again for your help.
Lydia

Hi again, Is it possible to have another child item visible in the drop down? The best way I can describe it is grandparent – parent – child. For instance I have a parent page named “Services” with 2 child pages named “Individual Therapy” and “Group Therapy”. I would like extra child pages to fall under Individual Therapy (like “Trauma”, “Anxiety” etc.) all visible from the drop down.
Thanks for your help.
Lydia

No, sorry that is not a feature the Lunar theme has.

Thank you. I will rethink and come up with a solution that will work without needing that functionality.
I appreciate it.
Cheers
Lydia