Mega Menu dropdown problems

Having some issues with Mega Menu.

The dropdown on the home page isn’t working.

It works fine from other pages but the one on the ‘Home’ page isn’t allowing any drop down at all.

You seem to have a javascript error on that page. Something seems amiss.

Without the project file, and all of the addons you’re using on the page, in hand it might be hard to suss out. The error is being thrown around something called PopBox, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that is or is not the source of the error. Are you using this on the other pages that work?

I’d try first Republishing All Files from RW. Then clear your cache and give it another go. If that doesn’t work, try removing PopBox and republishing all files again.

If all else fails remove one or two items at a time from the page until it begins working again as a test. This will help you narrow in on the cause.

Thanks Adam.
I followed your recommendations.
Problem persisted until I removed the Droplet stack. Seems to be working now.
Why would the Droplet stack have an issue? Problem with another stack maybe?
Also, not sure if it’s related but this popped up when publishing (after removing Droplet).

Droplet is PHP based. Without it your page likely reverted to html. You’ll need to delete one of the index files from the server.

I can’t say why there’s be a conflict without all the necessary items in hand. If you’re going to redesign things then do that but if you need it troubleshot you’ll need to provide several items.

If you want to send the project file as it was before removing anything and all of the other non-Elixir addons over in a zip file I can have a look tomorrow. ZIP them all up and email them to me if you’re going that way: adam at elixirgraphics dot com

Done. Sent you a wetransfer email. Thank you sir.

I’ll have a look at this as soon as possible. Have a hurricane going through right now here in Florida, so our internet and power are blipping on and off a bit.

Priorities. Be safe!

1 Like

Unfortunately your ZIP file did not contain the non-Elixir addons you’re using on the page. This means I can’t find the problem for you.

When I load up your page, with the Droplet still on the page, everything works as it should, as you can see here: CleanShot 2022-11-10 at 08.mp4 - Droplr

I suspect the problem is in one of these addons that I do not have on hand that you see marked in red (https://d.pr/v/lp8IBM) as without them on the page everything is functioning as expected. Leave Droplet on the page, and delete everything you see marked in red (here: CleanShot 2022-11-10 at 08.17.02.png - Droplr) and see if it works for you as well.

I must have zipped it wrong? Forgive me but what’s the proper process for zipping everything down?

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: Try the above for me before trying to send things again. :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

You only sent a copy of your project file. If I don’t own the stacks addons you do, like PopBox as an example, when you send your project file that addon doesn’t come along with it. You’d need to send it along as well. Again, that said, please attempt my suggestion above first.

Removing the PopBox stack seemed to fix it. Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear you got it sorted. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.