Minor glitch in Hover Image

On this page https://www.wilsons.school/history/oldboys/ I have eight instances of Hover Image set in a Grid. Just noticed that with the fourth and fifth ones, when activated, the caption disappears almost straightaway. This happens in RW Preview and Safari for MacOS, but not in Safari for iOS, Firefox or Chrome as far as I can see. It used to be OK because I originally tested it and it was all working properly when the page was first published a couple of years ago. Not a biggie but I thought I would mention it.

This sounds like perhaps a case of something having changed in a Safari (Webkit) update that is causing you trouble. You didn’t say in your original post what version of macOS and Safari you’re running. Let me know and I can take a look and see if there’s something I can do to overcome this change in the browser’s behavior.

Adam, I’m seeing it on his site with Safari 16.1 on macOS 12.5.1. It’s the last image in row 1 and the first image in row 2.

Yes, Safari 16.1 under MacOS 13.0.1.

So I loaded up a machine running the same OS and Safari version you mentioned and I see the problem, albeit only on Hover Images #1 and #8. :man_shrugging:

I loaded the page in other browsers both under macOS v13 as well as under a couple other OSes and they do not show this issue as far as I can replicate. So it is very likely a Safari v16 problem. I’ll see if I can find a workaround for that one particular browser that is causing a problem, but I can’t promise I can fix something they’ve broken that relates to rendering in that browser.

1 Like

Just sent you a direct message with a test version.

I worked up a way to trick Safari v16 into displaying the contents of the Hover Image items in the way they’re supposed to be displayed, and how other browsers properly display those contents. Tested this update with @Jeggler and they report that is cleared up their problem, so I’m now pushing out an update for Potion Pack with this adjustment.

4 Likes