My site goes crazy – any ideas?

while adding some content to my own website, I encountered problems where everything has been ok before. And I haven´t touched those areas for a while… I have updated RW, foundry and changed my sites language to german afterwords.

I simply wanted to ask if anyone is aware of issues when using foundry in combination with the font awesome enabler stack by DeFliGra and the scrollup stack by bigwhiteduck?

1. in combination with the “Font Awesome Enabler” some FA Icons in my footer are not showing anymore.
    the live version of my website is still ok, but after exporting from my RW file, safari shows blank space where the icons used to be. chrome shows simple rectangles. funny is, what everything is ok in edit mode and RW preview…?!

2. in combination with the “Scroll Up” Stack by bigwhiteduck my nav bar no longer behaves as usual.
    I have to switch off “pair with parent banner” to make the nav bar visible.
    And “top bar control” in scrollup settings, which I used to change the background color while scrolling down, does not seem to work anymore.
    Maybe a z-index-issue?

Hi there @papart – Let’s see if I can’t answer some of this for you.

I have updated RW…

To what version?

I simply wanted to ask if anyone is aware of issues when using foundry in combination with the font awesome enabler stack by DeFliGra and the scrollup stack by bigwhiteduck?

You do not need such a stack inside of Foundry. The Foundry Control Center stack automatically loads Font Awesome for you. You can use it as you like and don’t need to load it yourself.

in combination with the “Scroll Up” Stack by bigwhiteduck my nav bar no longer behaves as usual.
I have to switch off “pair with parent banner” to make the nav bar visible.
And “top bar control” in scrollup settings, which I used to change the background color while scrolling down, does not seem to work anymore.

I can’t speak for the Scroll Up stack you mention, but Foundry comes with its own Scroll To Top stack that you can use.

One last thing to check, just as an aside – be sure to check to make sure you’ve got the correct theme selected.

BWD ScrollUp works fine with Foundry.

thank you for your reply!

RW 7.3.3

The DeFliGra stack came in handy for my setup. I don´t know how I could achieve the sizing within foundry (?), see screenshot.

The Scrollup stack offers different features than a simple scroll to top

Theme is OK.

@webdeersign: I know. and that is exactly what frustrates me with the issue. the stack always worked the way I want and is working as desired in the version I have currently online…
but I can not export the same status from my RW file after editing some contents.

Link to current version:
http://tinyurl.com/k5dzyk2
(you can see the color change in the nav bar (scroll stack) and the missing FA icons in the footer right above the buttons; in fact you just see too much empty space :wink:

You have a couple of jQuery errors which need sorting out. I would remove the DefLigra FA stack and get it working with normal FA symbols first.

1 Like

your my man! - it seems that did the trick!
wondering, what messes up something like this which worked perfectly before for several months?