NavBar Pro active background not following page

I’m trying to replace my NavBar with NavBar Pro. In NavBar Pro, only on a couple of links (REVIEWS & CONTACT), the active background stays on HOME rather than updating to the appropriate nav item.

I have the dev site at beyondthenoise.ca/dev with both NavBar and NavBar Pro running below it to demonstrate what is happening.

Any tips?

Thanks,

JR

Hi @LexCan – Can you share your project file with us?

To do this, create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Here’s the file:

Thanks!

Good morning @LexCan

This is being cause by incorrectly setting up your page folders and page names. We’ll use the Reviews page as our example. This is your current folder and page name settings for that page:

Your folder name should not be a lone forward slash (/). The folder should be named something like reviews

Using just a forward slash means you’re dropping your page contents for the Reviews page into the main, Home page’s folder.

As for the page name – Page names should be index.html or index.php depending on whether or not your page uses PHP or not.

Your current naming convention would mean that a user wanting to visit your reviews page would have to specifically type the following (including the .html extension):

https://yoururl.com/reviews.html

Using the proper naming conventions as I’ve suggested means they’d need only type the following:

https://yoururl.com/reviews

And the page would select the proper html or php file to load. It also means your Home page and Reviews page and not intermingled in one folder.

I say all of this, because these improperly named folders and page names is what is causing your problem with the Navigation Bar Pro trying to suss out the active page using the proper conventions.

1 Like

Thanks for this very thorough response. Your support has always been outstanding over the years.

By the way - I didn’t know about Alloy when I started this project. Looks awesome, and will probably get that + Thunder Pack soon. Really enjoy working with Foundry.

Thanks again!

Not a problem. Glad you’re enjoying Foundry and its various add-ons!