Needing some help remembering how to use the modal ID F3

Here is some clues to check :

1. Image path : Ensure the image path is correct. Sometimes, the path works locally in preview but is incorrect when the site is live. Make sure the image path is relative and not absolute, or that it points to the correct file on the server.

2. Incomplete upload : It’s possible the image wasn’t properly uploaded to the server when publishing. Check that the image exists in the resource folder on your server and that its name exactly matches what is used in the code (watch out for case sensitivity).

3. Caching issues : Sometimes browser caching can prevent an image from loading correctly. Try clearing your browser cache or testing the image in an incognito/private window.

4. File permissions : Verify that the file permissions on the server allow the image to be displayed (CHMOD 644 is usually correct for image files).

5. HTTPS/HTTP issues : If your site uses HTTPS but the image URL is HTTP, the browser may block the image due to mixed content. Make sure all resources, including images, use HTTPS if your site is secured.

6. CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) : If the image is hosted on a different domain, CORS restrictions might block the image from loading. Ensure that the server hosting the image allows cross-origin resource sharing.

Also check your Htaccess file in order to verify if a rule “blocks” image type you use.

For me, I only can see a blue box link to a pdf file, link doesn’t work. Really strange because all works fine in preview mode (your test zip file). I think we could help you more with an access to your project (maybe a Dropbox link).

Are you viewing the Cascade site online (with the link that I just shared in the comment above yours?) or did you download the Cascade RW file and are viewing it locally? It should work pretty good locally. I am using Firefox as my browser but I’ve also tested it in Safari.

@Bruno I’ll look through your list but as far as your my project file that should have been provided. Do you need more then that?

It looks like I posted an updated version of the file in August with the link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z6lwl72njp2fiobq6abx1/Cascade-ISO-Modal-Button-August-Version.zip?rlkey=p6etm49n7w189m57lnz9qer82&dl=0

Also if anyone here has other third party modal stacks suggestions I could try as a replacement to the built in Foundry 3 modal stack I would strongly consider those at this point. @mitchellm

Hi @Kip Yes I checked both (RW + Online). Online is weird (as I described with Safari). It’s really early here (France) and already at work. I’ll have a look as soon as I can today.

Hi again @Kip In your project there is a group called ISO9001 Button and Modal (and another called ITAR Button and Modal) but there is no “modal” tool from Foundry used, in the Image stack you have indicated an ID for Modal but without the tool it is annoying :grin: (Forgetfulness happens, not long ago I was very proud of myself, I had finally configured my fonts exactly as I wanted… then three days of struggling because it didn’t work… I finally understood that it was on my test site that I had correctly configured what I wanted and not my online site… memory remains a beautiful enigma). You have to add the modal tool in which you place an image stack, then a trigger with the same ID as your modal tool.
I take this opportunity to note that your image is not in resource (so I don’t have access to its type), it would be good to place it there in order to avoid one of the problems that I mentioned in my previous message.
Here’s a link to the Modal tutorial from Foundry here. :crossed_fingers:

I don’t think I simply forgot to add a modal stack. It is hard to say why there isn’t a modal stack around the image. This site was made back in December and January and I can’t remember every detail for why I did it the way I did.

I have watched the modal video back when I first made this site (I’m quite sure I’ve watched all of the Foundry 3 videos back then.) I noticed in the video that when the modal ID was added to the navigation bar (at 5 min 30 sec) Adam didn’t add a modal stack around the link in the navbar.

This raises the question; how do you know when to add the modal stack and when to just add the regular ID? There doesn’t seem to be a consistent procedure.

I’ve attached the image so that you can add it to your resources. This way we are both working with the same thing a similar project file.
ISO Cert 2024-2025.pdf.zip (238.0 KB)

I’m at work so I can’t work on it now. The modal have to be used only with the thing you want to show on condition. Once you had given it an ID you just have to use this ID with the triggers (button, link in nav bar…). Here the only one modal missing is the one which have to contain the document. As I said Memory is a beautiful enigma :rofl:

What I still can’t understand is why ITAR opens up for me without the modal stack. Why is ISO temperamental and ITAR seems to work all the time? (or at least it works all the time for me?)

Was this brought on by it getting confused when I changed the image? Does the modal stack do something that instructs it to now look for a new image once it gets changed? and without the modal stack it can’t tell that something was changed?

Ok, I finally found the modal in the footer but without the proper ID :

I think a more easy way to do it would have been to place the modal with the logos (where we click). A footer in a partial is not a great way to avoid trouble with modal.
The image is a pdf, it’s not a required format for image stack in Foundry but it appears to work.
Here is how I’d do it :

Samething with Itar.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

I am not sure why the version I sent had the default ID still in there (it probably removed the ID when I put the new image in) but on my file the ID is set to ISO9001 (like everywhere else.)

The reason for the partial is that this file is on every page as someone advised me to put it there.

What I would really like to know is if the modal is now working for you in the browser? Because its always worked in RW for me but not in the browser.

I think @mitchellm said that it did work for him. If I didn’t clarify it before fully it doesn’t work for me on the browser anywhere whether it be on the desktop or phone.

Yes it works but I use Mampro for the test. I don’t trust it too much for real condition tests. Sometimes it works with Mampro and not online (in real situation). Can’t help more, sorry.

Okay, thanks for taking the time to look at it. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I found out (from Dan G over at the RW forum) that the modal was having trouble loading the PDF so he told me to switch it to a PNG. The client still wants the file available as a PDF so I provided the link to a PDF they could print. All seems to be working now.

Glad you solved it. I said about pdf format and Foundry that it’s not a required format but It was working for me with Mampro. So I say again : don’t trust too much what we see with Mampro, it’s not real life… mean online hehehe :crazy_face:

I actually haven’t used Mampro, it sounds like it is a tool for previewing?

It would be pretty nice if there was a way to preview a PDF inside of a modal. I’ve put so many other types of things in modals: Videos, buttons, columns. Maybe it just isn’t possible as a file format that is owned by a company instead of files which are more standard file formats. Who knows?

Mampro is an Apache server simulator with PHP and MySQL DB. It works like a lamp server on your Mac. It is very useful to avoid overloading your webhost with incessant uploads whenever you want to test different options on your site. The problem is that, since it is local on your machine, it does not generate all the problems that can be encountered in a production situation on a remote web server. This is what happened with your PDF file. It is indicated in the Foundry documentation that the Image stack does not support this file format. If I had tested your project in real life on my remote test site I would have had the same error as you and I would not have let the use of the PDF format pass that I knew was incorrect with the Foundry Image tool. This is why I draw attention to this limitation to the use of Mamp. The pdf limitation is an image Foundry tool limitation, not a generality. There is tools with different option to show PDFs. Need to open another topic if you want to continue the discussion, I have a warning from the forum tool that the topic was solved, in blue for now, don’t want it to become red :rofl:

That’s a good idea on starting another thread about other PDF options that are available. The client I was working with put all the work off to the last minute so it made it hard to carefully examine all the options available but I’ll have to look at what is available now.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.