New Scroll To Stack?

Wow, this update is awesome, some really cool additions and improvements, much appreciated!

I have run into a problem with the Scroll To stack, for some reason a bunch of the ARROW icon choices do not work. All of the circle arrow options and the plain arrow options following them do not work for me, all I get is a blank button on the screen. The rest of the many choices seem to work fine. Also is there a way of just displaying the icon without the button? My solution was to set the background color to be totally transparent.

I have run into a problem with the Scroll To stack, for some reason a bunch of the ARROW icon choices do not work. All of the circle arrow options and the plain arrow options following them do not work for me, all I get is a blank button on the screen. The rest of the many choices seem to work fine.

Can you list for me the arrows you’re having troubles with so I can investigate?

Also, what version of Stacks are you using? Any other stacks on the page that are not Foundry stacks?

Also is there a way of just displaying the icon without the button? My solution was to set the background color to be totally transparent.

That is how you would do it. :+1:

All of the ARROW CIRCLE choices and the plain arrow ones as well.

Been spending a lot of time with this stack today trying to see if it can replace Little Mouse and it is close but not quite there. My two main grievances are the inability to display text BELOW an icon, as it currently stands it is an either/or setup. The biggest one though is the inability to supply my own custom icon graphic!

Other than these the stack works really well, although unlike Little Mouse there is no way of targeting a position on a different page, which is an awesome feature of Little Mouse, although maybe this is possible, just not yet obvious to me!

@handshaper

All of the ARROW CIRCLE choices and the plain arrow ones as well.

I’ll look at them and see what might be up. End of the day here so it will have to be tomorrow at the earliest.

Been spending a lot of time with this stack today trying to see if it can replace Little Mouse and it is close but not quite there. My two main grievances are the inability to display text BELOW an icon, as it currently stands it is an either/or setup. The biggest one though is the inability to supply my own custom icon graphic!

Other than these the stack works really well, although unlike Little Mouse there is no way of targeting a position on a different page, which is an awesome feature of Little Mouse, although maybe this is possible, just not yet obvious to me!

Sounds like the Little Mouse stack is more up your alley for what you need, honestly.

@handshaper: By the way, what version of Stacks are you using? Any other stacks on the page that are not Foundry stacks?

Stacks 3.2.3b1 and RW 7.1.3, all Foundry stacks

Awesome. Thanks. Will have a look over this first thing tomorrow. :+1:

This stack works well.

The only remaining problem with it for me is that the three sizes for the icons are VERY small. Setting it to the largest setting it is still very small, is there someway to make the size customizable or at least have a larger range of sizes. Right now I would classify the sizes as VERY TINY, TINY, and SMALL. For me the LARGE would need to be twice its current size in order for anyone to really be able to easily identify it.

@handshaper: I’m not sure we’re seeing the same thing. The buttons look as follows here, from smallest to largest:

The large one, on the bottom, doesn’t look “VERY TINY, TINY, and SMALL” here. Can you give me a project file showing the Scroll To stack, using the Large button setting showing it looking tiny?

I should have been a little more specific this is using the circle arrow (or whatever it is called, with no button around it just the icon (the only way I could figure out to do this was to simply make the background color totally transparent).

Here is what the three sizes look like with this setup.

Only problem with the way they are displayed here, the screenshot shows them a lot larger than they appear on a web page. They are a lot less than half the size shown here.

I’ll make a change to my site to use these icons so you can see them in context. I’ll let you know when I get them up.

OK, I have changed my site to use a Scroll To stack in the main banner (also uses the reveal stack to reveal it). Hopefully this shows what it looks like when there is just the icon.

I suspect the problem is the way I’m using it where I do not want the button part to show, it is probably the case that you have sized the icon to match the button size, so when the button portion is not visible it leaves the icon a lot smaller. Would be nice if there was a way to say that you do not want the button, just the icon and then have the icon be the same size as the button would have been.

Yeah, it is because you’re using just the icon. The icon is setup to be within the button. Your suggestion would focus the sizing of the button off of the size that the user chooses for the icon (the button’s contents). This isn’t how Bootstrap is setup to work. Could it be done? Yes. I don’t want to deviate from the way buttons are built though as it would mean doing so for every stack that uses a button, which is a lot. If I go against all of the different presets in Bootstrap then I might as well not be using a framework really. It is a fine line to walk when building something like this.

You could use custom corners to make your own rounded button though, like so:

You can get this sample project file here: http://d.pr/f/5Gqw

1 Like

Aloha Adam: that is a great I idea and is exactly what I’m going to do, I had decided to use the button background but this would be an even better solution as it means I will get a hover effect when the mouse is over the button, which I was not getting with just the icon. Thanks.

Sweet! It’s a win-win-win situation!