Odd Pop-Up Gallery and Shutter behavior

Pretty much same thing happens with both of these, as they seem to share similar features / style / code for their lightboxes. What is happening is that when I click on the item to expand into the light box, It gets stuck on one of the photos with an odd White Background, until I hit the back button, then seems to have no problem shaking loose and behaving normally

Happy Sunday @midiac

That sounds strange. Based on the description along I can’t say I’ve heard of anything like that before. It is impossible to troubleshoot code though from a simple description unfortunately. If you can provide us a link to the page with the problem that would be a good starting point.

OK, Here it goes, also forgot to mention it’s not able to generate any images on the page it starts on either. . . I saw someone else post with this issue and recall reading him sayin it being something about not being able to read .png files, but all mine are .jpg and it generates the thumbnails for use in editor.

Broken Gallery

You sure they’re not PNGs? I ask because the filenames indicate they are, but had a jpeg extension added:

If you converted them, it is best to rename them and use one extension.

It also looks like the system is looking pngs, which means the originals had a png extension, or your double extensions are causing problems:

As for why the image goes to a blank white background after clicking on an image – Transition stack is your problem. Transition triggers off of links being clicked. You have to click on an image to trigger the Shutter lightbox. Thus you’re triggering both. Remove Transition from the page.

OMG! Thank you sooo much, as I am sooo close to making this work, though it shouldn’t be this much of a process I don’t think.
1.) How are you able to see that DOUBLE EXTENSION phenomenon?
2.) How/why/where is what changing file extensions to PNG, seems to be throughout RapidWeaver, noticed it doing the same thing for the standard Gallery stack in Foundry which works.
3.) Where are these files in this list I found, when I INSPECT ELEMENT, it brings me here which looks like it is inside the PHP itself? All files in this directory have had their extensions changed.

Did you follow along with the tutorial videos?

You might make a new, simple page with just Shutter on it as a test. This cuts out other variables that could be causing you problems.

I’d also look to make sure you’re using Save for Web features of your image editing app. Photoshop has a great Save for Web feature.

I opened the light box and dragged the image to my desktop.

Shutter doesn’t change this. Are you using batch import or placing the image into Stacks yourself? Where are the images coming from? You have an original image you can share with us?

No that is not the PHP. You cannot view PHP from Inspect Elements and PHP is a server-side language that runs on the server, not in your browser. That is a list of images being used on the page.

Please provide us a ZIP file containing a few of the original images you dragged and dropped into Shutter or that you’re using for batch processing.

Also, please try this as well, as suggested further up in this post:

Did you follow along with the tutorial videos?

You might make a new, simple page with just Shutter on it as a test. This cuts out other variables that could be causing you problems.

I’d also look to make sure you’re using Save for Web features of your image editing app. Photoshop has a great Save for Web feature.

1. Yes, I followed along, in all honesty, I may have “skimmed” or jumped around too much in excitement and under a little client pressure, but will be sure to re-visit and see if I missed something.

Curious about doing the test page thing.

Have recently been using Squash, but I was given JPGs … here are 3 from 3 different projects …
I first drag them into my resources, organized into subfolders, and then either browse to that location, or drag and drop from there. PNGs don’t show up till I upload.

The PHP’s had links I could follow and was just looking at that file-tree I sent you which looked like it stemmed from the PHP somehow … still have not been able to locate those thumb files it is referencing . .
Thank you so much for your input, Love this support!
AC-JPGS.zip (1.3 MB)

Just realized those were after I compressed them a bit …

these should be “originals” …

Let me know your results.

Resources area is not used with Shutter. The way the Resources section works does not allow for Shutter to access the images as needed. Please go back and watch the tutorial videos and follow along with them and the way you see me build the gallery. Use the tutorials as a walk-thru and use that to build a test page.