Overlap Stack - Horizontal overlap

First of all, I gotta say Foundry is the best and your tutorial videos are terrific! Thank you for being so thorough with everything you do. Foundry has been my go-to ever since you developed it.

Okay … I am using the Overlap stack from the Potion Pack and checking to see if it works horizontally (left to right).

I have a 2 column stack and trying to overlap Column 1 over Column 2 (left over right - see photo).

I’ve tried multiple times but Column 2 remains the top layer with Column 1. Column 1 is pushed the overlapped distance set in the stack though underneath Column 2.

It works for overlapping Column 2 over Column 1 (right over left - see photo).

Any thoughts? Am I misinterpreting what is possible with Overlap?

Thank you!

(p.s. And I checked other threads so will explore the Position stack too).

Good morning @Mrbuzzboxx

Have you worked with adjusting the z-index value for your Overlap stack yet? If not give that a go. It is covered in the documentation for the stack on the Foundry site. It is in the section of the page labeled “Advanced.”

Also, thank you for the kind words on Foundry!

2 Likes

Adam, thank you as I will give the z-index a go. (I refer to your documentation and videos all the time – such a great resource).

And it’s my pleasure – you’re one of the very best developers in Rapidweaver as many others could learn from you when it comes to attention to customer care.

1 Like

Yep, that worked – playing with the Z-index (which is new for more).

I appreciate your help and quick response very much!

Not a problem at all.

I’m working on a new stack that would add even more flexibility in designing a layout like this as well, so keep your eyes open for that down the road.

5 Likes