Pop out window for video

I’m looking to have a window pop up that plays a video.
Is this possible within the Foundry stacks or do I need something like Pop Box (1LD) and/or Call To Action (Weaver Space)?
Thanks

Have you given the Foundry Modal or Video Zoom tools a look yet?

Have not but I will now! Thanks

1 Like

Tried Modal and Video Zoom. Don’t think it’ll work as I need it to pop open after a couple seconds after page load.

I did a Call To Action with a Pop Box. Put a Foundry ‘Video Embed’ stack in the main content and it’s KINDA working.
I have an issue though where the audio keeps playing even after 'x’ing out of the pop box. This happens even if I swap out the ‘Video Embed’ for the ‘You Tube’ stack from Weaver’s Space.
moosevoice.com is the site (home page)

Foundry does not have timed popups. You’ll want to try something else for that.

I use TopBox5 to host the video. A page link opens the TopBox stack, then the video starts automatic playback of the video. Is this helpful at all?
Sample of This Action

Hey @IdahoSAM,

Thanks for the tip!

Your solution seems to fix the “audio keeps playing after the pop up is closed” problem that plagues a lot of the other solutions out there.

Cheers,
Erwin

The reason audio and video continues to play is because the modal would need to communicate with the video or audio player directly to tell it that the modal has been closed in order to stop playback. Just because the content is no longer visible, in the form of a video or audio player in this case, doesn’t mean it isn’t still there.

The alternative would be to dynamically generate the content for the modal each time it is opened and then remove that content from the page when it is closed. This requires though that the modal tool write all of the code for the contents of the modal, which complicates things a bit.

Anyway, the reason this is a common thing is because most modals aren’t going to know what tools or content you’re placing within them, and thus don’t know what signals to send to make sure your content, which could be anything, stops playing. The modal would have to be designed with specific content in mind.

1 Like